Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- NYC runners, I am so sad I can't go to this, but YOU SHOULD! A great lineup sharing @nycmarathon tips, advice, and… https://t.co/uFMAjhepeC about 3 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My gift to myself for surviving my first year of motherhood was the gift of family photos — taken by the same perso… https://t.co/BSf4zcicWd 07:33:24 AM October 17, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Last year, Carly Gill fell just two minutes short of her goal of qualifying for the Olympic Marathon Trials. On thi… https://t.co/4shPKggSF2 06:31:24 AM October 17, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
Getting My Zen On
First let me just say: Thank you! Not only did your wonderful comments make for yet another successful Thankful Things Thursday, you were all incredibly helpful weighing in on “The Great Outfit Debate.
The majority of you think I should go with Outfit #3, and I agree.
That’s the one I had in mind the whole time! Thanks for all the great feedback.
I felt really off tonight during yoga. I’ve only taken a handful of yoga classes, and most of them have gone incredibly smoothly.
Not the case tonight, though.
I was wobbly, I was off-balance and I couldn’t seem to stretch quite as far as usual.
Shake it off, Ali. It happens.
Lately, yoga has been the thing I can do once every week to zen out, chill out and get my chaturanga on. So what’s one to do when yoga doesn’t do the trick? Crank up the tunes!
I’ve been listening to my “Chill Out” playlist a lot lately. Yes, it’s 12 hours long. But that’s because I listen to it in random order and never have to update it or change it. It’s got everything I need and all my favorites!
I have tons of playlists — always have. On my computer and iPod, there’s a playlist for everything, from running to racing to drinking to channeling my inner Broadway diva. I’m pretty sure that in college I had about nine different “Franzia Pre-Game Playlists” per semester. They all included “Spice Up Your Life.”
Ohhhh I digress.
My current favorite playlist is my “Chill Out” playlist. I’m quite proud of it. All the songs are ones I really want to listen to when I’m feeling bummed, sleepy or frustrated. They are calming, soothing and comforting — kind of like a grilled cheese sandwich.
Without further ado, here’s my “Chill Out” playlist. Enjoy!