Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Wow! This is amazing, and @ckreiswirth is amazing. 💕💪🏼 https://t.co/1dwtjP5ZUd about 1 hour ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- https://t.co/jI3MaXItKw 10:50:55 AM August 22, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Such a fun read about the woman who inspired the new movie (which I can't wait to see)! via @runnersworld https://t.co/okB7XKpdvs 10:40:10 AM August 22, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- August 21, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 164: Carrie Kreiswirth, Breast Cancer Survivor & Marathoner
- August 19, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 163: You Can Run a Marathon with Alexi Pappas
- August 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 162: Allie Ostrander, Professional Runner for Brooks Running
- August 13, 2019 by AliA Tuesday in the Life
- August 7, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 161: Lauren Fleshman & Jesse Thomas
Getting My Zen On
First let me just say: Thank you! Not only did your wonderful comments make for yet another successful Thankful Things Thursday, you were all incredibly helpful weighing in on “The Great Outfit Debate.
The majority of you think I should go with Outfit #3, and I agree.
That’s the one I had in mind the whole time! Thanks for all the great feedback.
I felt really off tonight during yoga. I’ve only taken a handful of yoga classes, and most of them have gone incredibly smoothly.
Not the case tonight, though.
I was wobbly, I was off-balance and I couldn’t seem to stretch quite as far as usual.
Shake it off, Ali. It happens.
Lately, yoga has been the thing I can do once every week to zen out, chill out and get my chaturanga on. So what’s one to do when yoga doesn’t do the trick? Crank up the tunes!
I’ve been listening to my “Chill Out” playlist a lot lately. Yes, it’s 12 hours long. But that’s because I listen to it in random order and never have to update it or change it. It’s got everything I need and all my favorites!
I have tons of playlists — always have. On my computer and iPod, there’s a playlist for everything, from running to racing to drinking to channeling my inner Broadway diva. I’m pretty sure that in college I had about nine different “Franzia Pre-Game Playlists” per semester. They all included “Spice Up Your Life.”
Ohhhh I digress.
My current favorite playlist is my “Chill Out” playlist. I’m quite proud of it. All the songs are ones I really want to listen to when I’m feeling bummed, sleepy or frustrated. They are calming, soothing and comforting — kind of like a grilled cheese sandwich.
Without further ado, here’s my “Chill Out” playlist. Enjoy!