Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- June 1, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 243: On the Job with Amy Diallo, Covid-19 Researcher
- May 27, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 242: Shalane Flanagan
- May 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 241: On the Job with JoMarie Flores, Funeral Director
- May 21, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 240: Lee Glandorf, Tracksmith Head of Communications
- May 20, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 239: Dinée Dorame, Citizen of the Navajo Nation
I’m Not A Cute Runner
Thanks, Brightroom Event Photography, for your fantastic skills capturing my beauty during this weekend’s Gridiron Classic in Central Park.
That’s mean. I shouldn’t blame the photographers. They do a great job.
When I’m running — especially when I’m racing — I don’t care much about having my photo taken. During the Gridiron, I was so in the zone, and so focused on running my little heart out, that I hardly noticed the photographers on the course.
I never notice the photographers until the last minute, at which point I try to slap on a smile and act like I’m just breezing through the course effortless.
Though if you read my recap, you know that was hardly the case. There was effort put forth. Lots of effort. And I think it shows…
Thankfully, after the race, Ashley and I ran a few extra loops in the park and managed the cross through the finish line a second time, just as they were wrapping everything up.
(Notice there’s no one else on the road with us. That’s because the race had pretty much ended… But they obliged and took our pictures anyway.)
mocking viewing enjoyment:
Will I be purchasing any photos? Nope.
But did I get a kick out of these tonight? Sure did.
And do I look ridiculously happy in those last photos? You bet I do.
I also squeezed in a great spinning and weight training session after work. Tomorrow’s already Wednesday? I’ll take it!
TELL ME: Are you “race photogenic?” (Dori, you can brag now — all hail the queen of great race photos.) Anyone have a good strategy for snagging awesome action shots?