Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- It’s hard not to play the comparison game sometimes when it comes to running and social media. Every weekend morni… https://t.co/aM5H9M1OmL about 10 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Everything’s better in the off-season. 😎 @ Asbury Park Boardwalk https://t.co/lQSHJQD2c2 02:45:55 PM October 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- NYC runners, I am so sad I can't go to this, but YOU SHOULD! A great lineup sharing @nycmarathon tips, advice, and… https://t.co/uFMAjhepeC 07:34:49 AM October 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My gift to myself for surviving my first year of motherhood was the gift of family photos — taken by the same perso… https://t.co/BSf4zcicWd 07:33:24 AM October 17, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
I’m Not A Cute Runner
Thanks, Brightroom Event Photography, for your fantastic skills capturing my beauty during this weekend’s Gridiron Classic in Central Park.
That’s mean. I shouldn’t blame the photographers. They do a great job.
When I’m running — especially when I’m racing — I don’t care much about having my photo taken. During the Gridiron, I was so in the zone, and so focused on running my little heart out, that I hardly noticed the photographers on the course.
I never notice the photographers until the last minute, at which point I try to slap on a smile and act like I’m just breezing through the course effortless.
Though if you read my recap, you know that was hardly the case. There was effort put forth. Lots of effort. And I think it shows…
Thankfully, after the race, Ashley and I ran a few extra loops in the park and managed the cross through the finish line a second time, just as they were wrapping everything up.
(Notice there’s no one else on the road with us. That’s because the race had pretty much ended… But they obliged and took our pictures anyway.)
mocking viewing enjoyment:
Will I be purchasing any photos? Nope.
But did I get a kick out of these tonight? Sure did.
And do I look ridiculously happy in those last photos? You bet I do.
I also squeezed in a great spinning and weight training session after work. Tomorrow’s already Wednesday? I’ll take it!
TELL ME: Are you “race photogenic?” (Dori, you can brag now — all hail the queen of great race photos.) Anyone have a good strategy for snagging awesome action shots?