Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- A beautiful piece about @ShalaneFlanagan's retirement, by @erinstrout for @WomensRunning! https://t.co/MroKJYnzsf 09:48:56 AM October 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It’s hard not to play the comparison game sometimes when it comes to running and social media. Every weekend morni… https://t.co/aM5H9M1OmL 07:34:45 PM October 20, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Everything’s better in the off-season. 😎 @ Asbury Park Boardwalk https://t.co/lQSHJQD2c2 02:45:55 PM October 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- NYC runners, I am so sad I can't go to this, but YOU SHOULD! A great lineup sharing @nycmarathon tips, advice, and… https://t.co/uFMAjhepeC 07:34:49 AM October 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
What a day!
It kicked off with a great morning run that included a crazy chihuahua lady sighting, then the day was filled with sunshine, productivity at work and lots of nice blog comments (you people are too kind, and your feedback about the Gridiron race was heartwarming). You also all seemed to enjoy my jazz hand photo. I’m so glad. I will always share my jazz handiness with you.
After work, I went here:
The Conde Nast building, located in the heart of Times Square, is a publishing Mecca. It houses Vogue, Glamour, Bon Appetit, Allure, GQ, Details, The New Yorker and many more.
Conde Nast also publishes SELF — my favorite magazine, and the reason I was in the building tonight.
A few weeks ago, I saw on SELF‘s website that they were in search of food tasters for their annual healthy food awards. Uhhhh sign me up!
I can’t divulge too much — though I can tell you Ashley and I munched on some yummy snacks, and I tried cottage cheese for the first time — but look for the results of the awards in the June 2011 issue of SELF.
Then the best part of my day: I came home to an email from Jack Rabbit Sports.
Remember a few weeks ago when I posted about entering the Run for the Rabbit competition? Turns out, they saw something they liked in my application. I have a callback and screen test on Friday at the Union Square store!
I’m not getting my hopes up too high. They had more than 325 applicants for just six spots! So I’m happy my application stood out at all.
Now comes the hard part: What the heck do I wear?! Obviously I’ll be posting outfit options later this week after I’ve pondered my choices.
SOUND OFF: Any TV people/gurus out there? I’m a print media girl, so I need advice from the broadcast-y people. Got advice on what I should wear? Teddy, I’m talking to you here. Keep in mind, I’ll be going to my screen test during my lunch break at work, so I won’t be showing up in yoga pants or workout wear (which they said is fine).