Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- December 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 192: Adrianne Haslet, Boston Marathon Bombing Survivor
- November 27, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 191: The Great Turkey Trot of 2014
- November 20, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 190: Sarah True, Olympian & Ironman Triathlete
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
I Like Jazz Hands
I’d love to say I stayed up to watch “Glee” after the Super Bowl last night, but I definitely did not. ABS and I went to a Super Bowl party in our neighborhood and though I had no interest in the game, I had plenty of interest in the mac and cheese and peanut butter brownies that were served. I’m easy to please.
But by the time we walked back to our apartment — he wanted to take a cab 10 blocks, and I insisted we walk off some of the food — I was ready to pass out. Last week I declared I’d be “catching up on sleep” this weekend, and that didn’t happen.
Catching up from the weekend? Here’s what you missed:
- I went out with the boys on Friday night and watched them drink Blue Ponies.
- I enjoyed a jam-packed Saturday that included an hour-long spin session, lots of weight training, a stop by Erica’s trunk show at Exhale Spa and some sweatpants.
- I ran the NYRR Gridiron Classic 4-mile race and PR’d, coming in at 31:12.
So yeah. I didn’t really rest, but I did have an awesome weekend.
Today is off to a great start. Want to know why? I will tell you.
Somehow, though we went to bed around 11:30 last night, I managed to pop right out of bed with my 5:30 am alarm. The first thing I did was check the weather: 37 degrees. Heat wave! I did some stretching, some abs and some teeth brushing, and I was ready for a nice run.
Ignore the bags under my eyes. I was wide awake.
It was great! I ran 4 miles, the weather was incredible, the sunrise was gorgeous and the East River path was a bit icy, but manageable. I didn’t push my speed at all, and instead just enjoyed the peacefulness of the morning.
I even saw crazy chiuahua lady.
Every morning — seriously every morning — I see this woman pushing a stroller, without a baby in it, and walking with two chiuahuas. Yesterday Ashley and I saw her in Central Park while we were running, and today, as usual, I saw her again. I cannot avoid those yappy little dogs of hers.
Blue sky. Mid-40s. Amazing.
I can’t decide how I feel about today’s getup, but here it is for your critiques.
It’s a bit more cleavage-y than I’d like, so I’m trying to sit up super-straight all day to avoid any extra…exposure?
The dress is from Express circa 2007, I think, and it sat in my closet for years with the tags still on it. I’m still trying to figure out a way to wear it that I don’t hate.
THE REST OF THE DAY:
I’ll be busy at the office with meetings and whatnot, then tonight I’m heading to the SELF magazine offices to be a taste taster for their annual food awards! Super exciting.
Have a great day, everyone!