Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye 11:12:19 AM September 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
I Like Jazz Hands
I’d love to say I stayed up to watch “Glee” after the Super Bowl last night, but I definitely did not. ABS and I went to a Super Bowl party in our neighborhood and though I had no interest in the game, I had plenty of interest in the mac and cheese and peanut butter brownies that were served. I’m easy to please.
But by the time we walked back to our apartment — he wanted to take a cab 10 blocks, and I insisted we walk off some of the food — I was ready to pass out. Last week I declared I’d be “catching up on sleep” this weekend, and that didn’t happen.
Catching up from the weekend? Here’s what you missed:
- I went out with the boys on Friday night and watched them drink Blue Ponies.
- I enjoyed a jam-packed Saturday that included an hour-long spin session, lots of weight training, a stop by Erica’s trunk show at Exhale Spa and some sweatpants.
- I ran the NYRR Gridiron Classic 4-mile race and PR’d, coming in at 31:12.
So yeah. I didn’t really rest, but I did have an awesome weekend.
Today is off to a great start. Want to know why? I will tell you.
Somehow, though we went to bed around 11:30 last night, I managed to pop right out of bed with my 5:30 am alarm. The first thing I did was check the weather: 37 degrees. Heat wave! I did some stretching, some abs and some teeth brushing, and I was ready for a nice run.
Ignore the bags under my eyes. I was wide awake.
It was great! I ran 4 miles, the weather was incredible, the sunrise was gorgeous and the East River path was a bit icy, but manageable. I didn’t push my speed at all, and instead just enjoyed the peacefulness of the morning.
I even saw crazy chiuahua lady.
Every morning — seriously every morning — I see this woman pushing a stroller, without a baby in it, and walking with two chiuahuas. Yesterday Ashley and I saw her in Central Park while we were running, and today, as usual, I saw her again. I cannot avoid those yappy little dogs of hers.
Blue sky. Mid-40s. Amazing.
I can’t decide how I feel about today’s getup, but here it is for your critiques.
It’s a bit more cleavage-y than I’d like, so I’m trying to sit up super-straight all day to avoid any extra…exposure?
The dress is from Express circa 2007, I think, and it sat in my closet for years with the tags still on it. I’m still trying to figure out a way to wear it that I don’t hate.
THE REST OF THE DAY:
I’ll be busy at the office with meetings and whatnot, then tonight I’m heading to the SELF magazine offices to be a taste taster for their annual food awards! Super exciting.
Have a great day, everyone!