Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- SIX DAYS! So excited to go LIVE with @runmeb, @andreabarber, and @RunWestin in San Diego next Saturday. And we have… https://t.co/uCqJYd2FmC about 3 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Shout-out to this week's sponsor of the Ali on the Run Show: @AfterShokz! Use code ONTHERUN for $30 off your purcha… https://t.co/NGWzyu4kNq 07:05:37 AM May 25, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “Things happen. I make mistakes. And now I have perspective on it.” @shopSMDS https://t.co/69VqYujznY 07:04:53 AM May 25, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- May 23, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 74: Sarah Clancy, Founder of Sarah Marie Design Studio
- May 22, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 17
- May 21, 2018 by AliSuperhero Half Marathon 2018 Recap
- May 16, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 73: Erin Strout, Runner's World Contributing Editor
- May 14, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Weeks 15 & 16
Today Will Be Great
Oh hi there. What day is it?
Ahhhh yes. It’s Friday! High 5!
Before we get into the good stuff, first allow me to graciously thank you all for your wonderful comments and feedback about yesterday’s “How I Learned To Love Yoga” post, and for sharing your thankful thoughts as part of “Thankful Things Thursday.”
So I’m quite positive today is going to be a great day. Here’s why (in list form, because, well, duh)…
1. I slept like a rock last night. I didn’t even make it through a full episode of “Mad Men” (ABS and I started it from the beginning on Netflix and we’re on Season 2 righ tnow) before I crashed — and I crashed hard. I didn’t stir at all during the night. It was awesome.
2. I ran like a banshee this morning. Well, I don’t know about that. I guess I don’t really know how banshees run. I opted to run along the East River path and cover 4 miles. I’m trying not to run in Central Park too much since I plan on running lots of races there this year. I get tired of it pretty quickly.
At one point, as I was running north on the sketchy path this morning (I’m kidding, Mom, it’s totally not sketchy…) and a guy running the opposite way warned me: “It’s hairy up there — you can’t get too far without running on ice.” Of course in my head I decided that he was crazy, and I’m tough, and ice isn’t scary.
Ohhhhh I almost bit it though. It was scary. There was a spot where I slid — out of control — on one foot for about 6 feet before I could control myself. In my head I was thinking, “This is how I’m going to die. Falling, breaking my legs, snapping my neck and then getting eaten by the East River Monster.”
The good news is that I didn’t die running today. Yay! I kept my pace slow, walked over a few icy patches and let myself enjoy being outside and alone.
And aside from those scary parts, the path was nice and clear.
3. The sunrise was exceptional. I love that when I leave work at night, it’s still a bit light out. I also love that I get to see more of the sunrise while I’m running in the morning.
4. I picked up the dry cleaning. Yesterday the dry cleaners weren’t open for whatever reason. Today I was able to check that off my list and now ABS has plenty of clean shirts to get him through the next month. Girlfriend of the Year? I think so.
5. I’m wearing my favorite Friday outfit. Sometimes I’ll dress up on Fridays to wrap up the week festively. Today, though, I wanted jeans without looking sloppy. Here’s my go-to outfit:
For a long time I avoided wearing button-down shirts (I had a hard time finding ones that would button over my chest without pulling) and I never tucked my shirts in. But I found a perfect shirt (see above) at J.Crew that fit without needing alterations, and I found jeans that don’t make me look too top heavy when I tuck things into them. Outfit win!
I also added a little extra zing to today’s getup:
6. I packed a lunch today! It’s boring: a peanut butter sandwich and a clementine. But I spent too much money eating out all week, and I’m happy I won’t have to make the dreaded, “What should I get for lunch today?” decision later on.
7. It’s Friday. So of course it’s going to be a good day.
DISCUSS: Why is your day going to be awesome? Did you accomplish something super this morning? Got big evening plans? Planning a fun weekend getaway? Tell me something good, people!