Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Everything’s better in the off-season. 😎 @ Asbury Park Boardwalk https://t.co/lQSHJQD2c2 about 8 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- NYC runners, I am so sad I can't go to this, but YOU SHOULD! A great lineup sharing @nycmarathon tips, advice, and… https://t.co/uFMAjhepeC about 15 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My gift to myself for surviving my first year of motherhood was the gift of family photos — taken by the same perso… https://t.co/BSf4zcicWd 07:33:24 AM October 17, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Last year, Carly Gill fell just two minutes short of her goal of qualifying for the Olympic Marathon Trials. On thi… https://t.co/4shPKggSF2 06:31:24 AM October 17, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
Thankful Things Thursday: I’m A Morning Person
I’ve never been a night owl. However, I’ve also never had a problem waking up at 5 am. Today, I am thankful for all that I am able to accomplish between the hours of 5:30 and 11 am.
On that note, let Thankful Things Thursday commence! Here’s what I’m pumped about today…
I’m thankful I found a new way to get myself out of bed in the morning. Yes, although I’m a morning person, I do enjoy some snuggle time when I wake up. But busy mornings don’t always allow time for that. So to resist temptation to hit snooze, last night I put my phone on my desk overnight. That way, when it started screaming at 5:30 am, I had to physically get out of bed to shut it off.
I’m thankful I had a great run this morning. Lately my weekday runs have been shortened to 3–4 miles because I simply haven’t had the time to run longer or the effort to make it all the way to Central Park. Today I planned accordingly and made it to the park for 6.25ish miles. I felt good the whole time and took it easy when I encountered the few icy patches on the side paths. The running road was totally clear though, and it was a beautiful morning.
I’m thankful I live in a city where the sunrise is so epic. I never get tired of seeing the day begin. Here’s what the sunrise looked like this morning during my run:
Stunning, right? I love the idea of starting my day at the same time the day is starting itself. Does that make sense?
I’m thankful that I get some alone time in the morning. Don’t get me wrong — living with ABS is a dream and I love being home together. But he leaves for work while I’m out running, so when I return from my run I have the whole place to myself. I check emails, catch up on Facebook and Twitter, listen to the “Today” show in the background and clip my toenails (sexy) at my leisure. It’s nice to have that time to regroup, set my intention for the day and try on 16 outfits without someone mocking me. Hehe.
In non-morning related happiness, I’m thankful I got to spend this past weekend in Vermont with my very best girlfriends. I’m still riding on a high from the awesome trip. There was no girl drama, there was homemade mac and cheese, there were homemade meatballs (and plenty of accompanying “ball” related jokes, because we’re all 25 going on 12) and there was endless laughter. I’m lucky to have amazing friends. I may not see them all as often as I’d like, but when we do get together, it’s unbeatable.
In case you missed them, here are my recaps from our trip to Vermont:
YOUR TURN: What are you thankful for today?