Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Talking with @iamwellandgood co-founder @MelisseG on the Ali on the Run Show today! Give it a listen! https://t.co/TfqzE8Walf about 1 hour ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- GIVEAWAY! melissejoy, co-founder of @WellandGoodNYC, is on the Ali on the Run Show today, so we’re giving away THR… https://t.co/BdeYU4XTf3 about 1 hour ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- ALSO, while I generally think #TheBoldType is flawless television, STOP SAYING "THE DOT COM" OR "THE DIGITAL SITE."… https://t.co/47rrzOJ34X about 12 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- April 17, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 133: Melisse Gelula, Co-Founder of Well+Good
- April 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 132: Kate Landau, 2:33 Marathoner
- April 3, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 131: The Fifth Trimester
- April 2, 2019 by AliAnnie & Ellie
- March 27, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 130: Sadie Lincoln, Founder of Barre3
Ali For The Win
This morning I resolved not to let this competitive, hardcore, relentless city get the best of me.
By 9 am, I had been sleeted on, I had dealt with transportation issues and I wasn’t early to work like I had hoped.
Still, I said, “Hey NYC. I will beat you.”
And I did. Ohhhh I did.
Before I even got to work, I knew how to conquer the weather: wear my favorite outfit. And it’s funny, because tons of people made comments at work.
“It’s so gross out — Why are you so dressed up?!”
I explained to them that if I gave in to the weather and wore jeans, boots and a sweater (ahem, like I have been for the past week), that means the weather wins. Instead, I showed the weather who’s boss (me) by putting on my favorite outfit.
In my defense, the bathroom photo shoot thing doesn’t do me or this dress any favors. But it’s my birthday dress from last year, it’s from French Connection, and I’m obsessed with it.
A close up:
I also got tons of compliments on my hair — kind of hilarious considering I threw it up in a ponytail and just sprayed down the wispies (an old habit from my dance competition days).
It’s amazing the way dressing the part made me feel so much better about the day. After a full month of crap weather — which I am so, so tired of talking about — this is the best way I’ve found to stay positive.
Once I got to the office, I felt like a rock star. Not just because I felt good in my outfit, but also because I was so productive! I love when the days fly by because I’ve accomplished so much.
At the end of the day, I headed to the gym for some strength training + foam rolling and a great spinning class. My legs were a bit sore from the Chisel class I did yesterday, but it felt good to move them around.
Now I’m home and still going strong. I had leftovers for dinner:
Yum! I also had a piece of fish, which was delicious, too.
I put some laundry in, ran a few errands on the way home and am looking forward to being in bed as close to 10:30 as possible.
That, my friends, is how I (in my mind) beat NYC today. Tomorrow is supposed to be nasty again. I’ll let you know how I do.
TELL ME: Do you give in to the weather or have you found a way to combat it? I know that I’m lucky not to have to shovel or worry about my office or gym shutting down. NYC is, as I previously stated, too hardcore to let that happen!