Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- There were truly days I wasn’t convinced I’d make it to one. There were days — months — spent convincing myself I h… https://t.co/56CpafvU0f about 11 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- 8:09 AM, exactly one year ago. We did it, baby girl. Happy Birthday! @ Hackensack University Medical Center https://t.co/8eEcFeUNFF about 22 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
Ali For The Win
This morning I resolved not to let this competitive, hardcore, relentless city get the best of me.
By 9 am, I had been sleeted on, I had dealt with transportation issues and I wasn’t early to work like I had hoped.
Still, I said, “Hey NYC. I will beat you.”
And I did. Ohhhh I did.
Before I even got to work, I knew how to conquer the weather: wear my favorite outfit. And it’s funny, because tons of people made comments at work.
“It’s so gross out — Why are you so dressed up?!”
I explained to them that if I gave in to the weather and wore jeans, boots and a sweater (ahem, like I have been for the past week), that means the weather wins. Instead, I showed the weather who’s boss (me) by putting on my favorite outfit.
In my defense, the bathroom photo shoot thing doesn’t do me or this dress any favors. But it’s my birthday dress from last year, it’s from French Connection, and I’m obsessed with it.
A close up:
I also got tons of compliments on my hair — kind of hilarious considering I threw it up in a ponytail and just sprayed down the wispies (an old habit from my dance competition days).
It’s amazing the way dressing the part made me feel so much better about the day. After a full month of crap weather — which I am so, so tired of talking about — this is the best way I’ve found to stay positive.
Once I got to the office, I felt like a rock star. Not just because I felt good in my outfit, but also because I was so productive! I love when the days fly by because I’ve accomplished so much.
At the end of the day, I headed to the gym for some strength training + foam rolling and a great spinning class. My legs were a bit sore from the Chisel class I did yesterday, but it felt good to move them around.
Now I’m home and still going strong. I had leftovers for dinner:
Yum! I also had a piece of fish, which was delicious, too.
I put some laundry in, ran a few errands on the way home and am looking forward to being in bed as close to 10:30 as possible.
That, my friends, is how I (in my mind) beat NYC today. Tomorrow is supposed to be nasty again. I’ll let you know how I do.
TELL ME: Do you give in to the weather or have you found a way to combat it? I know that I’m lucky not to have to shovel or worry about my office or gym shutting down. NYC is, as I previously stated, too hardcore to let that happen!