Follow Me - AliOnTheRun1
- Celebrities: They're just like us & they need running shoes, too. (Michael C. Hall. Cute.) about 6 hours ago
- I fear how badly this road rashy shower is going to hurt... about 11 hours ago
- A perfect tempo run topped off with a trip, a brutal fall, a skinned body and a lotta blood. Nice work, Feller. about 11 hours ago
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- July 8, 2014 by AliAdjustments
- June 23, 2014 by AliFairfield Half Marathon Recap
- June 17, 2014 by AliPerplexing Thoughts
- June 11, 2014 by AliWhy I'm So Glad I Gave The November Project A Second Shot
- May 30, 2014 by Ali21 Questions
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
Rising & Shining
After devouring an amazing steak dinner last night, courtesy of ABS, and barely keeping my eyes open during an episode of “Mad Men,” my alarm went off sooner than I’d hoped this morning.
I did a long run yesterday, so I wanted to get out this morning for a shake out run. Now, keep in mind this little tactic doesn’t work for everyone.
When I first started running, the day after a long run was always a total rest day. But last year, as I started running longer distances more regularly each weekend, I found that my body recovered better when I added a short run to my schedule the following day.
Adding a 3–4 mile run at an easy pace keeps my legs from getting too stiff and prevents muscle soreness. Of course stretching and foam rolling also help.
That being said, 5:30 am came, and then the alarm was reset. But at 5:45, I knew I had to start making moves.
While I was getting ready, I went to Twitter, seeking motivation.
Not my best look. But within minutes, Ashley, who was also awake for a morning sweat session, started to pump me up.
And there I went — out the door for a relaxing 3-mile run. The weather was chilly, but it was a nice way to kick off my day.
Now I don’t know that I’m shining just yet, but I’m getting there. In the spirit of perking myself up, I wore hot pink today.
And jeans. Because not wearing jeans has become really difficult lately. Comfort over cuteness.
In other news, I got a call last night that my DAD is coming to NYC today! He has a last-minute business meeting tomorrow, so we’re going out to dinner tonight. This is so rare and I’m so excited. Plus, his birthday is next week, and I won’t be able to make it home to celebrate, so this is like a pre-birthday fiesta!
Have a great day!
TELL ME: What is your one wardrobe must-have? Is there one item, like a blazer or a great pair of jeans, that you always revert to when you’re having a fashion crisis?