Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- https://t.co/nGN0SvKefG about 11 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: My Bermuda Triangle Challenge recap. This was SO FUN! Saying yes is the best. https://t.co/nGN0SvKefG about 17 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- TK Steps! https://t.co/mmi1tjTn1p 06:48:25 PM January 16, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- So if I have a really bad (like, giant, painful) blister on my foot...and now I am pretty sure I have a fever...is… https://t.co/5ljnjivxs2 01:52:57 PM January 16, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 17, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 56: Susan Pass, Nurse & 3:18 Marathoner
- January 17, 2018 by AliBermuda Triangle Challenge 2018 Recap
- January 10, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 55: Nick Symmonds
- January 4, 2018 by AliLife in 2018
- January 3, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 54: Olympic Gold Medalist Gwen Jorgensen
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
Rising & Shining
After devouring an amazing steak dinner last night, courtesy of ABS, and barely keeping my eyes open during an episode of “Mad Men,” my alarm went off sooner than I’d hoped this morning.
I did a long run yesterday, so I wanted to get out this morning for a shake out run. Now, keep in mind this little tactic doesn’t work for everyone.
When I first started running, the day after a long run was always a total rest day. But last year, as I started running longer distances more regularly each weekend, I found that my body recovered better when I added a short run to my schedule the following day.
Adding a 3–4 mile run at an easy pace keeps my legs from getting too stiff and prevents muscle soreness. Of course stretching and foam rolling also help.
That being said, 5:30 am came, and then the alarm was reset. But at 5:45, I knew I had to start making moves.
While I was getting ready, I went to Twitter, seeking motivation.
Not my best look. But within minutes, Ashley, who was also awake for a morning sweat session, started to pump me up.
And there I went — out the door for a relaxing 3-mile run. The weather was chilly, but it was a nice way to kick off my day.
Now I don’t know that I’m shining just yet, but I’m getting there. In the spirit of perking myself up, I wore hot pink today.
And jeans. Because not wearing jeans has become really difficult lately. Comfort over cuteness.
In other news, I got a call last night that my DAD is coming to NYC today! He has a last-minute business meeting tomorrow, so we’re going out to dinner tonight. This is so rare and I’m so excited. Plus, his birthday is next week, and I won’t be able to make it home to celebrate, so this is like a pre-birthday fiesta!
Have a great day!
TELL ME: What is your one wardrobe must-have? Is there one item, like a blazer or a great pair of jeans, that you always revert to when you’re having a fashion crisis?