Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- July 18, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 38: I'm Back!
- June 20, 2017 by AliAn Update on the Crohn's Situation + Things I'm Loving Right Now
- June 15, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 37: Lindsey Hein, Host of the I'll Have Another Podcast
- June 13, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 36: My Least Favorite Motivational Phrases
- June 9, 2017 by Ali#YOLOCELINE2017
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
Vermont Is Lovely
Hellooooo from the north!
I took yesterday off from blogging so I could maximize my time with my girlfriends while we’re up in Vermont for the weekend. But today, I’m the first person awake, so I figured I’d use the alone time to give you all a little update on what we’ve been up to.
Let’s go back to Thursday night…
My friend Lauren and I drove from NYC to West Dover, Vermont, which is where we — along with six other college girlfriends — are shacking up for the weekend. The plan for this trip was basically to get everyone together, since two of us live in NYC, three are in White Plains, NY, one is in Connecticut, another is in Boston and one is in Worcester, MA. Planning times to get everyone in the same place is exceedingly difficult as we all get older, so it’s a miracle we were able to plan for this weekend to happen so long ago.
The drive up on Thursday took us four hours. It was a loooong trip. But Lauren and I amused ourselves by playing car games, chatting and of course having ridiculously loud sing-alongs.
By the time we finally got to our friend Teddy’s house, which is where we’re all staying, we were exhausted. We chatted for a while then climbed into bed.
Friday we were going skiing! I was so excited to hit the slopes. The other girls weren’t arriving until Friday night, so Lauren, Teddy, Teddy’s boyfriend (Cole) and I all got up early Friday morning to suit up and get some skiing in at Mount Snow.
Now I haven’t skied in two years. But the nice thing about skiing is that it’s just like riding a bike — you never really forget how to do it.
The weather was a little chilly, but it was sunny and the conditions on the mountain were perfect. We all had so much fun — even Lauren, who hadn’t skied in 10 years. She did great!
After getting in a ton of runs all morning, we took a break to get lunch in the lodge. Sweet potato fries and hot chocolate doused in whipped cream? Don’t mind if I do!
My face had started to go numb and I couldn’t smile — that’s when you know it’s time to call it a day.
We came back to Teddy’s house for glorious naps and hot showers, and waited for the rest of the girls to arrive.
Teddy’s mom cooked us an amazing meal for dinner: homemade macaroni and cheese, fresh bread and a giant salad. Obviously I couldn’t have been happier.
All the girls arrived by 10 pm — and proceeded to stay awake until 5 am! I fell asleep a few times on and off and yet somehow I’m still wide awake by 8:30 am.
On today’s agenda: Tubing! Hot tubbing! More home-cooked food!
Honestly, what’s better than weekends like these?
I hope everyone is having a wonderful, relaxing, adventurous weekend!