- "Oh Road Trip is on! Is that movie any good?" —Mom about 1 hour ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Evidently my parents have never heard Adam Sandler's Thanksgiving Song. Haven't heard them giggle like this in a long time. about 1 hour ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My dad thinks the star of The Good Wife is Nancy Kerrigan. HAHAHAHA. about 1 hour ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- November 21, 2014 by AliDon't You Forget About Me
- November 5, 2014 by Ali“This Isn’t Steamtown”: My New York City Marathon 2014 Recap
- October 21, 2014 by Ali10 Reasons The Runner's World Half Marathon & Festival Was Wonderful (Plus A Giveaway!)
- October 15, 2014 by AliSteamtown Marathon Recap
- October 11, 2014 by AliOne More Day I Get To Run
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
Vermont Is Lovely
Hellooooo from the north!
I took yesterday off from blogging so I could maximize my time with my girlfriends while we’re up in Vermont for the weekend. But today, I’m the first person awake, so I figured I’d use the alone time to give you all a little update on what we’ve been up to.
Let’s go back to Thursday night…
My friend Lauren and I drove from NYC to West Dover, Vermont, which is where we — along with six other college girlfriends — are shacking up for the weekend. The plan for this trip was basically to get everyone together, since two of us live in NYC, three are in White Plains, NY, one is in Connecticut, another is in Boston and one is in Worcester, MA. Planning times to get everyone in the same place is exceedingly difficult as we all get older, so it’s a miracle we were able to plan for this weekend to happen so long ago.
The drive up on Thursday took us four hours. It was a loooong trip. But Lauren and I amused ourselves by playing car games, chatting and of course having ridiculously loud sing-alongs.
By the time we finally got to our friend Teddy’s house, which is where we’re all staying, we were exhausted. We chatted for a while then climbed into bed.
Friday we were going skiing! I was so excited to hit the slopes. The other girls weren’t arriving until Friday night, so Lauren, Teddy, Teddy’s boyfriend (Cole) and I all got up early Friday morning to suit up and get some skiing in at Mount Snow.
Now I haven’t skied in two years. But the nice thing about skiing is that it’s just like riding a bike — you never really forget how to do it.
The weather was a little chilly, but it was sunny and the conditions on the mountain were perfect. We all had so much fun — even Lauren, who hadn’t skied in 10 years. She did great!
After getting in a ton of runs all morning, we took a break to get lunch in the lodge. Sweet potato fries and hot chocolate doused in whipped cream? Don’t mind if I do!
My face had started to go numb and I couldn’t smile — that’s when you know it’s time to call it a day.
We came back to Teddy’s house for glorious naps and hot showers, and waited for the rest of the girls to arrive.
Teddy’s mom cooked us an amazing meal for dinner: homemade macaroni and cheese, fresh bread and a giant salad. Obviously I couldn’t have been happier.
All the girls arrived by 10 pm — and proceeded to stay awake until 5 am! I fell asleep a few times on and off and yet somehow I’m still wide awake by 8:30 am.
On today’s agenda: Tubing! Hot tubbing! More home-cooked food!
Honestly, what’s better than weekends like these?
I hope everyone is having a wonderful, relaxing, adventurous weekend!