Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- January 17, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 56: Susan Pass, Nurse & 3:18 Marathoner
- January 17, 2018 by AliBermuda Triangle Challenge 2018 Recap
- January 10, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 55: Nick Symmonds
- January 4, 2018 by AliLife in 2018
- January 3, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 54: Olympic Gold Medalist Gwen Jorgensen
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
Hey Stomach, Thanks For Waking Up
I woke up at 5:40 this morning. I brushed my teeth, put on my running clothes, stretched and did my morning crunches. I laced up my shoes, strapped on my Garmin and headed out the door with plans for a solid 5-mile run.
About 12 minutes into the run, my stomach decided to wake up. Finally.
And it gave me Hell.
TIME OUT: If you’re not comfortable reading about things like stomach troubles and bathroom situations, I recommend you stop reading at this point, or at least skip the next few paragraphs. I’ve had Crohn’s Disease since I was in first grade — it’s a digestive disorder, so I’m not shy when it comes to sharing this stuff. I won’t get graphic, but I’m an honest writer. Just giving you a heads up.
OK, back to my stomach battle from this morning. Needless to say, I hit the 1.5 mile mark and turned around. Three miles would suffice — any longer and I’d be in trouble, if you know what I mean. Though while I was out, the river path I run along was pretty.
As soon as I got back to the apartment, I darted for the bathroom.
Honestly, this stomach situation could have been prevented if I had been a bit more patient this morning. I was so anxious to get out before the snow started, and I wanted to get into work early. If I had just let my body settle for 5–10 more minutes, I could have spent some extra time at home and I would have been fine by the time I started running.
Back in December, I wrote a guest blog for Leslie at And Her Little Dog Too. The post was my take on “The 10 Worst Things That Can Happen On A Run.” (I wrote fast and there are some typos — forgive me?)
NOW TELL ME: I’d love to hear about your biggest fears/concerns/worries/tragedies in regards to running and working out in general. What are you paranoid about, and how do you combat your fear?
In other news, based on the comments I’ve been receiving, people seem to be enjoying my daily office bathroom photo shoots. So I’m back this morning with another one. Today’s outfit had to be quick and easy, because I was rushing around after my morning stomach war.
The solution when you’re short on time? Throw on a dress and some fun earrings and you’re ready to walk out the door.
I bought this dress a few years ago and I wear it all year long — in the winter with tights, in the summer with sandals. This dress was majorly on sale when I bought it and I’m happy to report that I’ve definitely gotten my money’s worth out of it. Dresses are my go-to because you can usually dress them up or down, and they’re a complete outfit on their own. No matching needed.
To play up the black and white pattern, I threw on some red earrings.
Which is more red, my earrings or my cheek zit?
On that note, off to conquer this Wednesday.
Have a great day!