- To avoid having nightmares about Scientology, I will stay awake all night to learn everything on the internet about Scientology. #GoingClear 09:59:19 PM March 29, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Is this Scientology "We Stand Tall" jam on iTunes yet? SO CATCHY! #GoingClear 09:18:26 PM March 29, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Latest post for @Shape_Magazine, on things I wish someone had told me when I started running. http://t.co/EgNxFVLox4 03:25:10 PM March 29, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "We go out there and we do our best. Nothing hits the floor. We stick it." (No YOU'RE watching "Bring It On"—again—instead of cleaning.) 02:45:49 PM March 29, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- March 24, 2015 by Ali40 Days To Personal Revolution: Week 5
- March 17, 2015 by Ali40 Days To Personal Revolution: Week 4
- March 10, 2015 by Ali40 Days To Personal Revolution: Week 3
- March 3, 2015 by Ali40 Days To Personal Revolution: Week 2
- February 24, 2015 by Ali40 Days To Personal Revolution: Week 1
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
Hey Stomach, Thanks For Waking Up
I woke up at 5:40 this morning. I brushed my teeth, put on my running clothes, stretched and did my morning crunches. I laced up my shoes, strapped on my Garmin and headed out the door with plans for a solid 5-mile run.
About 12 minutes into the run, my stomach decided to wake up. Finally.
And it gave me Hell.
TIME OUT: If you’re not comfortable reading about things like stomach troubles and bathroom situations, I recommend you stop reading at this point, or at least skip the next few paragraphs. I’ve had Crohn’s Disease since I was in first grade — it’s a digestive disorder, so I’m not shy when it comes to sharing this stuff. I won’t get graphic, but I’m an honest writer. Just giving you a heads up.
OK, back to my stomach battle from this morning. Needless to say, I hit the 1.5 mile mark and turned around. Three miles would suffice — any longer and I’d be in trouble, if you know what I mean. Though while I was out, the river path I run along was pretty.
As soon as I got back to the apartment, I darted for the bathroom.
Honestly, this stomach situation could have been prevented if I had been a bit more patient this morning. I was so anxious to get out before the snow started, and I wanted to get into work early. If I had just let my body settle for 5–10 more minutes, I could have spent some extra time at home and I would have been fine by the time I started running.
Back in December, I wrote a guest blog for Leslie at And Her Little Dog Too. The post was my take on “The 10 Worst Things That Can Happen On A Run.” (I wrote fast and there are some typos — forgive me?)
NOW TELL ME: I’d love to hear about your biggest fears/concerns/worries/tragedies in regards to running and working out in general. What are you paranoid about, and how do you combat your fear?
In other news, based on the comments I’ve been receiving, people seem to be enjoying my daily office bathroom photo shoots. So I’m back this morning with another one. Today’s outfit had to be quick and easy, because I was rushing around after my morning stomach war.
The solution when you’re short on time? Throw on a dress and some fun earrings and you’re ready to walk out the door.
I bought this dress a few years ago and I wear it all year long — in the winter with tights, in the summer with sandals. This dress was majorly on sale when I bought it and I’m happy to report that I’ve definitely gotten my money’s worth out of it. Dresses are my go-to because you can usually dress them up or down, and they’re a complete outfit on their own. No matching needed.
To play up the black and white pattern, I threw on some red earrings.
Which is more red, my earrings or my cheek zit?
On that note, off to conquer this Wednesday.
Have a great day!