- Crowd sourcing: Have you ever actually used ANY of the items in the "toiletry basket" in the bathroom at a wedding? about 22 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It took eight hours to drive to Vermont last weekend. Absolutely worth it. <3 I miss you already,… https://t.co/qHlnxMmayk about 22 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Uncle Jesse, where do u shop for pants??? #rippedjeanz #forever http://t.co/6LMxfchLUp 09:47:42 PM May 28, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- DJ IS BACK FROM SPAIN WITH A SURPRISE FOR THE TANNERS! The surprise is Steve. Her new lover. 09:06:51 PM May 28, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- May 21, 2015 by AliMy First Airbnb Experience
- May 18, 2015 by AliAirbnb Brooklyn Half Marathon Recap
- May 14, 2015 by AliMy Airbnb Brooklyn Half Marathon Hopes, Dreams, Goals, & Thanks
- May 6, 2015 by AliThis Is 30
- April 29, 2015 by Ali11 Things I Loved About Running Around Washington, D.C.
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
When The Boyfriend’s Away…
…Ali will play. And
sing along at the top of my lungs listen to Justin Bieber. And clean.
In other words, I’ve been wildly productive tonight, and I’m pretty psyched about it. Not that I wouldn’t have been as motivated if ABS had come home earlier, but it was nice having the place to myself for a few hours while he worked late then went to the gym (good boy, ABS!).
Work was really, really busy today. Again. I’m not complaining. I’ve gotten a lot done today, and I’m out this Friday (road trip to Vermont!), so I’m trying to stay ahead of the game.
The snow was really pretty today in NYC, but I’m glad it stopped around mid-day. By the time I had to run out to grab lunch — a prosciutto/pesto/mozzarella whole wheat panini from Whole Foods — the snow had stopped and it was, dare I say it, comfortable outside. There were little hints of spring in the 40 degree air today!
After work, my motivation to go to spinning was quickly getting away from me. I got to the gym around 5:30 not sure what to do with myself. My legs didn’t want to spin, and I just wanted to do a little something to break a sweat.
Bar Hoppin’ was on the Crunch menu. Um, OK?
I went ahead and signed up — along with about 30 other women. The room was packed! And I instantly saw why.
The class is basically your standard Rebounding class that uses mini trampolines for a low impact workout.
I loved the instructor (Carol J.), and I think that’s why people go to the class. She has amazing energy, she’s hilarious, she dances in between the rebounders and her music is awesome. At one point during class she pointed at me and said, “This, this right here — this is beautiful!” Needless to say I rode on a personal high for a little while after that compliment.
The “Bar Hoppin'” tagline is just a gimmick Crunch is using to jazz up the standard “Urban Rebounding” name. Basically we would do 15 minutes on the rebounders, then hop off and use a body bar to do some strength training work. Then we repeated that cycle twice. Personally, I would have rather stayed on the rebounder the whole time and gotten more cardio in. The body bar movements all felt rushed to me.
OK, let’s get personal here, if that’s OK with you… Rebounding makes me have to pee. All that jumping and bouncing around. My bladder goes insane. I went three times before class because I was so paranoid about having to run out of the room in the middle of an exercise! Does anyone else get this? If it’s just me, lie and tell me you’re in the same boat — then maybe I won’t feel so weird.
After my workout, I stopped at Duane Reade to pick up my latest food obsession:
Peanut butter filled pretzels. I was craving them, and I ate about a dozen on the walk from the drugstore back to my apartment (and no, it’s not a far walk at all).
Dinner was homemade pizza and some cantaloupe. I’m aware these two things don’t seem like they would mesh well. But I wanted both, so darn it, I had both!
I watched “Glee” while I was eating, caught up on emails, then started tackling the ol’ To Do list.
I cleaned the bedroom (I hadn’t unpacked since my trip to L.A. Oops), did the dishes, vacuumed my “office” area, and made a CD for Friday’s road trip to Vermont.
I’ll talk a bit more about the Vermont trip as the weekend gets closer, but for now I’ll just share the playlist. I’m driving up with one of my college roommates — she has a car in the city, so the deal is that she drives, I play DJ. Fine by me!
Here’s what we’ll be jamming out to:
These are also the songs I’ve been running to lately. I highly recommend you start downloading if you haven’t already.
Now ABS is home and I’ve been instructed to go finish The Fighter. We started watching it last night on a special release DVD, but naturally I fell asleep after about 45 minutes in. Now that the Oscar nominations are out, I have lots of movies to see!
LET’S DISCUSS: What are you working out to these days? Any good songs I should know about?