Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- December 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 192: Adrianne Haslet, Boston Marathon Bombing Survivor
- November 27, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 191: The Great Turkey Trot of 2014
- November 20, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 190: Sarah True, Olympian & Ironman Triathlete
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
Oh yes, my friends. It was a balmy 6 degrees outside when I woke up this morning. That was two hours ago. It’s still 6 degrees…
No, I did not go for a run this morning! I was planning to take a day off from running anyway, and when I woke up and saw the weather, I didn’t even contemplate it. An extra hour of sleep? Fine by me!
At least it’s going to warm up as the week progresses — great news, since I have a 4-day work week! On Friday I’m headed up to Vermont with a group of my college girlfriends for some snow fun and relaxation. I’m looking forward to getting out of the city and spending quality time with friends in sweatpants (with wine).
In case you’re catching up from the weekend, here’s what I’ve been up to for the past few days:
- I worked from home on Fridayin an attempt to be productive. It mostly failed. I also ran in the snow in Central Park and feared for my life.
- I woke up early on Saturday. I had a hot gym date with some pretty girls and a cute man.
- I spent the rest of Saturday eating and walking around the city. ‘Twas perfect.
- I wrapped up the weekend with dinner at Beyoglu, celebrating the engagement of two friends, doing some work on Sunday morning and running.
I loved this weekend, especially since it was my only weekend in January where I got to stay in NYC. I’m traveling every other weekend!
In honor of today’s frigid temperatures, here are a few pictures from last winter in NYC.
And what better way is there to warm up on a cold day than drinking hot chocolate out of a pug mug?
Stay warm today!
TELL ME: What’s your favorite cold-weather activity? Do you prefer to get out and play or stay indoors by a fire?