Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- This post is #sponsored by the amergastroassn #IBDParenthoodProject. Now and then. It's so crazy to look back at… https://t.co/q8xyFhBdCG 07:12:30 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “When you’re in a powerless position & the rest of your career is totally dependent on what you do, you aren’t goin… https://t.co/Oxg9MuShaT 06:30:59 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
- November 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 187: I'm a New York City Marathon Race Announcer!
- November 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 186: Why It's An Exciting Time for Women's Running LIVE Show
- October 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 185: Janelle Hartman, Final Finisher of the 2018 New York City Marathon
Thankful Things Thursday: I Remembered Today
Soooo remember two weeks ago when I made a grand declaration on the blog? I proclaimed (that sounds fancy) that every Thursday I’d deliver a nice list of things I’m thankful for, because Thanksgiving should be celebrated every day, and all that jazz.
I admit, last Thursday I totally forgot “Thankful Things Thursday” existed. But today I remembered. Without further ado, here’s are a few things I’m especially grateful for on this freezing cold day in New York City.
Finally figuring out how to use my yoga mat strap. Nope, it shouldn’t have been hard. And yet, for some reason, I was really intimidated by the pretty pink strap ABS got me for Christmas. Last night — in a joint effort, meaning I attempted and failed and then ABS fixed my handiwork — the yoga strap and the yoga mat finally became one. Now I can tote my yoga mat around the city like a real yogi. Maybe I’ll even make it to class tonight (though, admittedly, I left the mat at home…oops).
Not biting it during my run this morning. It was icy out there! All those puddles from yesterday froze overnight and the path was a mess. As I started my run and turned onto the path along the river, a sweet old woman approached me and said, “Be careful, there are some icy spots.” I thanked her, and on I went. It was a little dicey at times, and toward the end of my run (thank goodness it wasn’t at the beginning) I made a bad leap and my left foot landed smack in the middle of a huge icy puddle. My foot was soaked and immediately freezing. Still, I survived, I finished 3 miles and I got to see the always-impressive sun rising alongside me.
Being mildly daring and wearing an old favorite in a new way. I’m not a trendsetter and I’m not much into fashion. I know what I like, and I like my clothes to fit well. Beyond that, I’m not sure I’ve established much of a personal style that others would ever want to copy. Today I really wanted to wear one of my favorite dresses, but I’m so bored with the way I’ve been wearing it lately. So I slipped on some purple tights, purple Mary Jane heels, a brown belt and a blingy necklace. Voila! A new spin on a classic look.
The new Hale & Hearty is finally opened near my office. This location has been in the works for a while, and this week it finally opened its doors to the public/me. Today is a perfect day for soup and I have every intention of going there. Nom nom noms.
Puppies. Duh, I’m always thankful for puppies. Here’s today’s “Stolen Puppy Photo From the Internet” image of the day:
There you have it. Today’s reasons to be thankful. Now it’s time to write my little heart out at the office and maybe, just maybe, I’ll go to yoga tonight. Stay tuned.
AS ALWAYS: Tell me what you’re thankful for today!