Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye 11:12:19 AM September 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
See You In 2012, NYC Marathon!
Hopefully I’ll see you sooner, if the 2011 lottery is kind to me.
But, I finally did it! With a little extra motivation from ABS and Ashley, I just registered to become a New York Road Runners member, which means I can now participate in the 9+1 program (run 9 NYRR races and volunteer for one) in order to gain guaranteed entry to the 2012 ING New York City Marathon.
So, as you regular readers may now, I’ve been seriously thinking about running my first marathon for a few months. After watching the 2010 marathon, I sat at my computer tirelessly so I could enter the Monday Marathon Mania lottery for the 2011 race just hours later.
I’m still in the lottery for the 2011 marathon — I find out in April if I’m in — and getting accepted would be a dream come true. Sadly though, lotteries have never been my friend, and I’m playing it safe by guaranteeing I get to run the New York City Marathon at some point in my [young] life.
I am so excited about getting my NYRR membership card in the mail and getting my official member number. I just made a huge list of the possible races I can run and volunteer at and I’m hoping to register for a handful thi weekend.
I’m going to run a marathon…in like, two years. Hehe. Still, pretty awesome!
Aaaaaanyway, that’s my big exciting news of the day. The rest of my day was pretty regular — just the way I like it. Gosh, I’m so boring and predictable sometimes.
Work was so busy that I barely had time to breathe, and afterward I followed through on this morning’s goal to finally make it to a yoga class.
The class was Power Yoga Hour at Crunch with Carl Horowitz. He was fantastic! I loved that he gave lots of hands-on corrections, because when you’re downward dogging and flowing to and fro, it’s really tough to gaze at your reflection in the mirror to see what you’re doing correctly.
Though I didn’t break much of a sweat — and I always want to sweat during a workout — I did leave feeling satisfied and limber. I was pleased to get all the way down in my right split (Still got a tiny hint of the ol’ dancer flexibility left in me!) and I held crow pose for way longer than I thought I was capable of holding it for.
Then, back at the apartment, I tried to recreate my awesomeness for ABS.
I think I need to lift my upper body more? Any yogis (or yoginis!) care to offer advice? I’m very new at this.
After trying to prove to him that I’m super great at yoga, this happened:
Ali fell down.
ABS and I were both home fairly early tonight (he beat me home, which is insanely rare) and now we’re settled on the couch enjoying the return of our favorite shows (“The Office” and “30 Rock”).
TELL ME: How are your New Year’s Resolutions coming along, if you made them? Any great updates or major breakthroughs?
Oh, and thanks to everyone for contributing to Thankful Things Thursday. It warms my heart to see that so many people are thankful for so many wonderful things.