Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- August 15, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 92: Laura Anderson, 2018 Buffalo Marathon Winner
- August 13, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 29
- August 7, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 91: What's New With You Week with Sarah Sellers
- August 7, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 28
- August 6, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 90: What's New With You Week with Gwen Jorgensen
Big Girl Boots
I can’t believe I returned from sunny L.A. to this icky NYC weather! Sleet, slush, rain…oh my.
ABS and I got to bed early last night, which helped me wake up at 5:30 this morning feeling rested and ready to conquer the
world short work week.
Sadly, when I checked the weather from my side of the bed, I saw that it was raining/sleeting/freezing raining in Manhattan. Boo! I was so excited to try out a shorter river run with my trusty new friend.
After some convincing from ABS, I decided not to run.
If I had my way, I still would have done it, sucky weather and all.
You see, if I don’t start my morning out with a sweat session, I tend to get a little, well, crazy cranky.
But, today ABS was right (ew, I hate admitting that). Not running was the smart decision. Why, you ask? Well let’s discuss…
- Um, the weather. Duh. Not only was it chilly and raining, the ground was also very slick. I
probablymost definitely would have slipped at some point and probably bruised my butt.
- I am already feeling a bit sick. I’ve had a nagging, chesty cough for a few days now and I’m pretty sure I can attribute my newfound sexiness to my long outdoor runs. I don’t need to get even sicker.
I guess those are my two main reasons. Sorry, that wasn’t much of a list.
Anyway. Because I didn’t run but couldn’t fall back asleep, I was able to come into the office nice and early to do some catch-up from being out and traveling last Friday.
ABS texted me mid-way through his commute warning me to “wear shoes with traction.”
It’s a slippery, slushy mess on the streets of New York today. Luckily I had my Big Girl Boots.
Now I’m off to show my To Do list who’s boss.
TELL ME: Are you a “run no matter what” kind of person? Or will you give in when the weather is gross, your health is suffering or you just need a break? I often have a hard time giving myself a break, which is something I’m working on for 2011.
Side note: When I asked ABS how he’d slept last night, he said, “Not well! I had dreams about that movie!” Turns out Black Swan really got to him! Did you see it yet? What did you think? Did it stick with you the way it’s apparently sticking with my crazy boyfriend?