Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- This post is #sponsored by the amergastroassn #IBDParenthoodProject. Now and then. It's so crazy to look back at… https://t.co/q8xyFhBdCG 07:12:30 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “When you’re in a powerless position & the rest of your career is totally dependent on what you do, you aren’t goin… https://t.co/Oxg9MuShaT 06:30:59 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
- November 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 187: I'm a New York City Marathon Race Announcer!
- November 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 186: Why It's An Exciting Time for Women's Running LIVE Show
- October 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 185: Janelle Hartman, Final Finisher of the 2018 New York City Marathon
L.A. Play Day
It was so nice having today off to enjoy some of the Los Angeles sunshine. The temperatures were in the 80s by mid-morning and I even got a teeny tiny suntan on my chest. Here’s a bit about how the day went…
I woke up — sans alarm — at 7:30 am. I had assumed I’d sleep much longer after yesterday’s marathon day, but at 7:30 I felt rested, so I figured it was time to kick my day into gear.
I immediately suited up in workout clothes and hit the hotel gym.
Then it was off to Santa Monica, where I enjoyed a fabulous 8-mile run. It was scorching hot, but I sort of didn’t mind because I was busy taking in the sights and “ooh-ing” and “aah-ing” all the other super-fit people out breaking a sweat.
Seriously, L.A. is one healthy city. While I was running I passed so many various fitness/workout groups, including hula hoopers…
Venice was awesome and filled with arty outdoor markets and vendors. It also had a very distinct odor: marijuana and incense. My lungs were working overtime.
A few (probably blurry) shots from my running jaunt:
After my run, my coworker and I were more than ready to indulge in a decadent brunch. All I’ve been craving since I got here yesterday is fruit, fruit, fruit. And boy did the restaurant (Ivy at the Shore) deliver!
I ordered the crab cake appetizer and asked for “a side of fruit.” I got the most beautiful plate filled with fruit. I salivate just remembering it.
I bought a cute top at Urban Outfitters and a long-sleeved shirt (the softest thing in the world, I swear) from Lululemon.
By the time we finished shopping, I was ready to crash.
How to avoid a crash?
Get some frozen yogurt, of course. (Photo of my masterpiece to come tomorrow.)
We came back to our hotel, took a dip in the hot tub (my sore legs were so happy to float warmly) and then I dined at the hotel restaurant.
My food (scallops with some sauteed spinach on the side) was delicious, the location was wonderfully convenient and my waiter was charming.
Now I’m ready to crawl into my huge, cozy hotel bed.
Tomorrow it’s back to frigid NYC on a 7:30 am flight. I get back to the city around 4 pm and am so thankful to have Monday off.
On another exciting note: Good luck to one of my very best friends, Courtney, who is running her first 1/2 Marathon tomorrow in Phoenix! I’m so proud of her and have loved following her training progress.
TELL ME: I haven’t had much time to catch up on blogs since I’ve been here, so tell me how your weekend has been!