Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- There were truly days I wasn’t convinced I’d make it to one. There were days — months — spent convincing myself I h… https://t.co/56CpafvU0f about 10 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- 8:09 AM, exactly one year ago. We did it, baby girl. Happy Birthday! @ Hackensack University Medical Center https://t.co/8eEcFeUNFF about 21 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
I’m Going Away More Often!
Yes, obviously I wish I could travel more often. I love going on trips, seeing new sights, trying new cuisines and meeting new people.
But sometimes, isn’t the best part of going away coming back home?
Today, after a 5 am wake-up, a shuttle to the airport, a 5 hour and 21 minute flight and a way-too-long cab ride back to the apartment, some great things started happening.
Well, first things first: I got back to the apartment, unpacked a few things and then jetted out for a quick 3-mile run. It felt good to move my legs around, especially after yesterday’s long run and then all those hours spent sitting on the plane.
Then, ABS returned from watching the Jets vs. Patriots game, and he came bearing gifts!
Well, one particularly awesome gift, that is:
He bought me a Garmin Forerunner watch!
Remember a few months ago when I was debating whether or not I wanted a Garmin? Well ABS remembered, and showed up with one today. He said he hopes it will help me hit my goal time at the National 1/2 Marathon in March! (I hope so, too!)
I was so, so, so excited! He got me the Garmin Forerunner 110, which is perfect for me because I’m not too concerned about the heart rate monitor portion of the bigger watches. This one is nice and small and ABS’s friend who has this model says it’s very user-friendly.
Great welcome home gift, right?
Then we went out for a lovely sushi dinner (and a frozen yogurt dessert stop for me at my new favorite Upper East Side spot, 16 Handles) and now it’s back home and time to cuddle up and watch some TV.
In other news, I can’t stop thinking about my amazing fruit platter that I got for lunch yesterday:
On that note, before I tuck into my toasty bed, here are a few more scenic shots from my quick trip to Los Angeles:
OK, off to figure out how to set up my fancy new running watch, then calling it a night.
TELL ME: What’s the first thing you like to do when you return home after traveling? Shower? Work out? Unpack? Go to bed?