Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- This post is #sponsored by the amergastroassn #IBDParenthoodProject. Now and then. It's so crazy to look back at… https://t.co/q8xyFhBdCG 07:12:30 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “When you’re in a powerless position & the rest of your career is totally dependent on what you do, you aren’t goin… https://t.co/Oxg9MuShaT 06:30:59 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Shout-out to all the parents out there whose babies are getting four teeth at once. Whose babies have woken up cryi… https://t.co/SDPVCQ7Rpu 06:44:39 PM November 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Loved talking to @junodemelo and @runnersworld about my relationships with podcasting and running! https://t.co/H6Fr3ekXVr 02:27:52 PM November 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
- November 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 187: I'm a New York City Marathon Race Announcer!
- November 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 186: Why It's An Exciting Time for Women's Running LIVE Show
- October 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 185: Janelle Hartman, Final Finisher of the 2018 New York City Marathon
They Say Everything Will Be Fine
I was in a funk this morning? I can hardly remember that far back.
Today has been a total whirlwind. After getting into the office this morning, things just started snowballing.
I was productive, yes, and some great things happened. I
But one very bad, very scary thing happened at 8 pm tonight. I try not to talk about my job too much on the blog, but work was a huge part of my day today, and I’m proud of how I handled a certain situation.
Let’s just summarize with this: I’m going to L.A. tomorrow at 7 am for a photo shoot. The trip has been planned for a while and it’s a very important shoot.
Tonight I got a phone call: “He can’t make it. Sorry.”
A coworker (my travel partner for the weekend) and I spent this evening frantically making calls and trying to salvage a backup plan.
“Everything will be fine,” everyone keeps telling me.
Well yes, I know it will be. Because I’m working my booty off to make sure everything is great!
It’s a good thing I went to spinning right after work. At the time, everything was going to be perfect in terms of this business trip. I was able to focus on making the 45-minute class (accompanied by pre-class foam rolling, but-of-course) as best I could. Shana, the instructor, had us doing lots of intervals and my quads were screaming by the end of class. They said, “Thank you for pushing us, Ali. We totally needed this. P.S. We kind of hate you.”
After class I realized something: I feel my very best after a workout, whether it’s a good one or a mediocre one. Nothing beats that feeling.
No, that’s not a giant, life-altering zit on my cheek.
Fine. It is. It has been my nemesis for the past week. It refuses to just break up with me and move on. Arghhhh.
Anyway, after a good sweat session, I feel mentally refreshed and enlivened. Physically I feel cleansed, sweaty, strong and like I can conquer the world (which I totally can, by the way — just wait and see).
I honestly believe that if I hadn’t squeezed that workout into my tight schedule today, I wouldn’t have handled tonight’s stressful situation as somewhat-calmly as I did. Yes, I shed a few tears. Yes, I threw my phone. Yes, I screamed at my computer after each heartbreaking email response came through.
But overall, I feel like it was a good day.
And on that note, it’s off to bed. I have a 4:30 am wakeup call then it’s off to the west coast.
See you tomorrow, Hollywood!
By the way, packing is really hard. I forgot how I dress when it’s not 20 degrees outside! Shorts? Skirts?
Also, thank you all for the wonderful suggestions for things to do in L.A. I will have all day on Saturday to play, so I’m hoping to run, shop and swim. So until tomorrow (whenever I get a chance to update)… See ya!