Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Excited to share today's bonus episode with @CarrieTollefson, who just ran a 2:51 marathon at the Twin Cities Marat… https://t.co/aR94n5RILl about 18 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Exactly one year ago, I woke up at 5 AM for a 6:15 otfedgewater class. I was home by 7:30, showered, and then edite… https://t.co/YPqgJL073S about 20 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
- September 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 177: You Can Run a Marathon Q&A with Greg McMillan & Dr. Cathy Yeckel
The Wrong Side of the Bed
I woke up craaaaanky today.
For some reason I can’t shake my bad mood. Why so glum, you ask? Well, for lots of petty reasons, actually.
- I set my alarm to get up and run this morning — then blew it off. At 5:30 am I felt well rested and started to get ready. Then I thought about the roads and pondered whether they’d be to slick to run on. I also debated whether getting outside would help or worsen the oncoming cold I think I have. So I went back to bed. Naturally when I re-awoke 45 minutes later, I was mad at myself for having shrugged off my workout. I haven’t run in a few days now and am itching to get back out there. I also want to focus hard on training for the National 1/2 Marathon in March so that I can make my goal time.
- I couldn’t find anything to wear. Isn’t that the story of everyone’s life, honestly? I hated everything I put on and ended up making a mess of discarded clothes all over the bedroom. I settled on jeans and a brown turtleneck sweater. Not exactly chic, though it is cozy.
That’s it. So lame, right? I know, I should be able to say, “Ali, you’re being insane. Slap a smile on that face of yours and move on with your day.”
That will happen soon, I promise. Just give me a few hours. I packed trail mix for my morning snack, which I looooove, and I have leftover pad thai for lunch. What’s better than that?
Also, I need to remind myself that I’m going to L.A. tomorrow! Though the photo shoot I’m working on is still basically in shambles, at least I’ll be stressed out in warm weather! There’s a very slight chance that the actual day of the shoot will get moved from Saturday to Friday, which means Saturday would be a play day in the sweet sunshine.
L.A. readers, I definitely plan on running while I’m in California. Any advice on where to go?
Wow. I think I just cheered myself up!
TELL ME: When you’re cranky, how do you snap out of it? Normally when I’m upset or stressed, I go for a long run to clear my head. Clearly at the moment that isn’t an option. But apparently writing out what was upsetting me and seeing just how silly my reasons were was exactly what I needed to do.
On with the day! Have a great one, friends.