Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye about 23 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
Bikram Spinning: “What You Just Did Isn’t Easy!”
OK so it wasn’t really Bikram Spinning at the gym tonight — that actual class should be illegal, and I hope it doesn’t actually exist — but the A.C. wasn’t kicking in and I felt like I was melting.
I took class tonight with Matt, who is my faaaavorite spinning teacher at Crunch. He makes me smile. At one point tonight he was walking through the room and yelled “You’re doing amazing!” into his mic. Fun fact: He tapped me on the arm when he yelled it. I felt like a giddy little teacher’s pet. In a crowded class, sometimes it’s nice to get a moment of individual recognition, even if no one else knows about it.
I went into class feeling exhausted from a very stressful day. Getting to class wasn’t hard, because I know that I really enjoy spinning with Matt.
But I do feel like I’m coming down with a cold — I have that “tickle in the back of my throat” feeling, so please share any non-freaky quick-fix remedies you have — and wasn’t sure how hard I’d be able to spin.
After we finished our final climb of class, and as we began our downhill, Matt yelled to us, “What you just did isn’t easy! Be very proud of yourselves!”
It was nice to get that reminder.
And heck yeah. What we did was not easy. I was dripping everywhere.
Sorry I didn’t take a post-spin photo for you. Just take my word for it: I was incredibly sexy.
Aaaaanyway, like I said, work today was really stressful. I’m traveling to L.A. this weekend for a photo shoot and let’s just say things aren’t, uh, coming together the way they should be.
There’s no doubt in my mind that it will all work out — it always does — but the “hurry up and wait” I’m going through right now is pretty brutal.
Also, I started my day off getting Remicade at the hospital. I was in and out in my fastest time yet! It’s like a race now. Click here to read more about what the heck I’m talking about.
Remember last night I talked about “NYC freaking out over a wimpy snowstorm headed our way?” Turns out it wasn’t so wimpy. We got about 8 inches and it was cleaned up really quickly. Now it’s just slush and puddles everywhere you turn.
This morning, though, it was beautiful.
PLEASE SHARE: How do I fight off a cold before it gets to me?! Any good tips/tricks/remedies?