Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- The feedback for this episode has been AMAZING! People love @iamjeanniek & @TheEllenShow! (I mean...obviously.) https://t.co/mdo522vofk 04:51:11 PM October 12, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: What surprised me about being pregnant https://t.co/sCJwr7bzlE 10:33:46 AM October 12, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 11, 2018 by AliWhat Surprised Me About Pregnancy
- October 10, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 101: Jeannie Klisiewicz of The Ellen DeGeneres Show
- October 9, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 37
- October 8, 2018 by AliWishes For Baby
- October 3, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 100: Des Linden, 2018 Boston Marathon Champion
Bikram Spinning: “What You Just Did Isn’t Easy!”
OK so it wasn’t really Bikram Spinning at the gym tonight — that actual class should be illegal, and I hope it doesn’t actually exist — but the A.C. wasn’t kicking in and I felt like I was melting.
I took class tonight with Matt, who is my faaaavorite spinning teacher at Crunch. He makes me smile. At one point tonight he was walking through the room and yelled “You’re doing amazing!” into his mic. Fun fact: He tapped me on the arm when he yelled it. I felt like a giddy little teacher’s pet. In a crowded class, sometimes it’s nice to get a moment of individual recognition, even if no one else knows about it.
I went into class feeling exhausted from a very stressful day. Getting to class wasn’t hard, because I know that I really enjoy spinning with Matt.
But I do feel like I’m coming down with a cold — I have that “tickle in the back of my throat” feeling, so please share any non-freaky quick-fix remedies you have — and wasn’t sure how hard I’d be able to spin.
After we finished our final climb of class, and as we began our downhill, Matt yelled to us, “What you just did isn’t easy! Be very proud of yourselves!”
It was nice to get that reminder.
And heck yeah. What we did was not easy. I was dripping everywhere.
Sorry I didn’t take a post-spin photo for you. Just take my word for it: I was incredibly sexy.
Aaaaanyway, like I said, work today was really stressful. I’m traveling to L.A. this weekend for a photo shoot and let’s just say things aren’t, uh, coming together the way they should be.
There’s no doubt in my mind that it will all work out — it always does — but the “hurry up and wait” I’m going through right now is pretty brutal.
Also, I started my day off getting Remicade at the hospital. I was in and out in my fastest time yet! It’s like a race now. Click here to read more about what the heck I’m talking about.
Remember last night I talked about “NYC freaking out over a wimpy snowstorm headed our way?” Turns out it wasn’t so wimpy. We got about 8 inches and it was cleaned up really quickly. Now it’s just slush and puddles everywhere you turn.
This morning, though, it was beautiful.
PLEASE SHARE: How do I fight off a cold before it gets to me?! Any good tips/tricks/remedies?