Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- May 22, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 144: Sara & Ryan Hall
- May 19, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 143: Motherhood Mondays with Dr. Taraneh Shirazian, OB/GYN & President of Saving Mothers
- May 15, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 142: Jen Ator, Women's Running Editor in Chief
- May 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 141: Motherhood Mondays with Colleen Lubin, Creator of Not Quite Knocked Up
- May 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 140: Carolyn Su, Creator of @diversewerun
New York City is freaking out.
Apparently we’re supposed to get anywhere from 3 to 14 inches overnight. So everyone is panicking.
I guess that’s good, since last time there was a snowstorm, NYC didn’t do a whole lot about it.
As for me? I grew up in New Hampshire.
But it scares my Human Resources department. We got this email this afternoon:
With a snowstorm on the way, this is to let you know that our New York office will officially be open tomorrow, but please use your judgment in terms of commuting to work.
As soon as the email went out, two of the girls on my staff came into my office to let me know they’re “preparing to work from home.”
Come on people! It’s snow! And we’re New Yorkers — we don’t even have to drive in it! (Most of us, anyway.)
In my case, I’m not going straight to the office tomorrow anyway. I have Remicade in the morning, then I’ll be heading to work around noon.
As for tonight?
I tried out a Hot Pilates class at the gym. Boooo fail.
I was sorely disappointed. The room wasn’t hot. I didn’t even break a sweat and it was an hour-long class! Also, we only did a total of five or six exercises. The instructor (who didn’t use a mic and I couldn’t hear her at all) spent so long explaining each move that we hardly had time to execute each one.
Ah well. Now I know.
Also — thank you all so much for your incredibly sweet, positive comments about ABS’s big return to the gym. I’m proud of him and it’s so nice to hear that you all are, too. It’s also nice to know that many of you have been through similar situations with your own significant others.
OK, off to relax and get to bed early.
After all, I may be waking up in Antarctica. Or something.