Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- This post is #sponsored by the amergastroassn #IBDParenthoodProject. Now and then. It's so crazy to look back at… https://t.co/q8xyFhBdCG 07:12:30 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “When you’re in a powerless position & the rest of your career is totally dependent on what you do, you aren’t goin… https://t.co/Oxg9MuShaT 06:30:59 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Shout-out to all the parents out there whose babies are getting four teeth at once. Whose babies have woken up cryi… https://t.co/SDPVCQ7Rpu 06:44:39 PM November 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Loved talking to @junodemelo and @runnersworld about my relationships with podcasting and running! https://t.co/H6Fr3ekXVr 02:27:52 PM November 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
- November 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 187: I'm a New York City Marathon Race Announcer!
- November 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 186: Why It's An Exciting Time for Women's Running LIVE Show
- October 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 185: Janelle Hartman, Final Finisher of the 2018 New York City Marathon
To Become a Road Runner…
Today has been mostly — OK, totally — awesome.
Why, you ask?
I’ll tell you. In list form, of course. Because that’s how I roll.
- I slept in! I didn’t get out of bed until 6:30 am (ahem, that’s a full hour beyond when I normally get up) because I didn’t have to run today. ‘Twas glorious!
- Since I had extra time this morning, I did some stretching, some abs and played around with my new boyfriend. Don’t worry, ABS isn’t jealous…yet.
- My work day sped by. I was so, so busy all day long. Never even stepped outside, but got almost everything checked off my to-do list.
- I went to the gym after work. I took Chisel (too many squats; my knees were begging for mercy) and Spinning (the instructor is my favorite and she kicked my butt) and was drenched in sweat by the end of the night.
- I actually did my laundry. Well, it’s still in the dryer (should probably check on that), but at least I started it. I’ve been procrastinating that project for quite a while now, and my workout clothes were smelllllly.
- I had an awesome dinner — a repeat of last night’s — of grilled cheese and soup. Also, a cupcake for dessert. All together now: yummmmm.
- I got to meet Jess! Ashley and Jess were the two winners of the Billy Elliot ticket giveaway, and I met Jess tonight — in person, finally — when we did the ticket handoff. We met on a dark corner on the Upper East Side. It was like a fancy drug deal. Kind of.
- Ashley and I booked our hotel and 1/2 of our transportation for the National 1/2 Marathon in March. I haven’t run a race in so long and I’m already so excited for this one.
Speaking of races…
I’m debating becoming a member of New York Road Runners in order to do the 9+1 guaranteed entry program for the 2012 NYC Marathon.
Here are my concerns:
- It’s expensive. The cost of an annual membership is only $40 (I think) but the cost of doing those nine races would add up.
- I don’t know where the heck I’m going to be in my life in November 2012. What if I hate running by then? What if I get some debilitating injury? It’s scary to plan so far in advance.
- Committing to ten events over the course of the year scares me. I have a lot of weddings to attend this year, and I worry I won’t be around for enough events to get the 9+1 completed.
But obviously there are pros to the equation, the main one being that I really want to run the New York City Marathon at some point in my life, and being in the lottery for the 2011 race doesn’t give me a ton of hope. Lotteries have never really been kind to me.
TELL ME: Are you a NYRR member? Why or why not? Tell me more. Especially if you’ve done the 9+1 program.