Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye 11:12:19 AM September 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
To Become a Road Runner…
Today has been mostly — OK, totally — awesome.
Why, you ask?
I’ll tell you. In list form, of course. Because that’s how I roll.
- I slept in! I didn’t get out of bed until 6:30 am (ahem, that’s a full hour beyond when I normally get up) because I didn’t have to run today. ‘Twas glorious!
- Since I had extra time this morning, I did some stretching, some abs and played around with my new boyfriend. Don’t worry, ABS isn’t jealous…yet.
- My work day sped by. I was so, so busy all day long. Never even stepped outside, but got almost everything checked off my to-do list.
- I went to the gym after work. I took Chisel (too many squats; my knees were begging for mercy) and Spinning (the instructor is my favorite and she kicked my butt) and was drenched in sweat by the end of the night.
- I actually did my laundry. Well, it’s still in the dryer (should probably check on that), but at least I started it. I’ve been procrastinating that project for quite a while now, and my workout clothes were smelllllly.
- I had an awesome dinner — a repeat of last night’s — of grilled cheese and soup. Also, a cupcake for dessert. All together now: yummmmm.
- I got to meet Jess! Ashley and Jess were the two winners of the Billy Elliot ticket giveaway, and I met Jess tonight — in person, finally — when we did the ticket handoff. We met on a dark corner on the Upper East Side. It was like a fancy drug deal. Kind of.
- Ashley and I booked our hotel and 1/2 of our transportation for the National 1/2 Marathon in March. I haven’t run a race in so long and I’m already so excited for this one.
Speaking of races…
I’m debating becoming a member of New York Road Runners in order to do the 9+1 guaranteed entry program for the 2012 NYC Marathon.
Here are my concerns:
- It’s expensive. The cost of an annual membership is only $40 (I think) but the cost of doing those nine races would add up.
- I don’t know where the heck I’m going to be in my life in November 2012. What if I hate running by then? What if I get some debilitating injury? It’s scary to plan so far in advance.
- Committing to ten events over the course of the year scares me. I have a lot of weddings to attend this year, and I worry I won’t be around for enough events to get the 9+1 completed.
But obviously there are pros to the equation, the main one being that I really want to run the New York City Marathon at some point in my life, and being in the lottery for the 2011 race doesn’t give me a ton of hope. Lotteries have never really been kind to me.
TELL ME: Are you a NYRR member? Why or why not? Tell me more. Especially if you’ve done the 9+1 program.