Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- This post is #sponsored by the amergastroassn #IBDParenthoodProject. Now and then. It's so crazy to look back at… https://t.co/q8xyFhBdCG 07:12:30 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “When you’re in a powerless position & the rest of your career is totally dependent on what you do, you aren’t goin… https://t.co/Oxg9MuShaT 06:30:59 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Shout-out to all the parents out there whose babies are getting four teeth at once. Whose babies have woken up cryi… https://t.co/SDPVCQ7Rpu 06:44:39 PM November 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Loved talking to @junodemelo and @runnersworld about my relationships with podcasting and running! https://t.co/H6Fr3ekXVr 02:27:52 PM November 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
- November 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 187: I'm a New York City Marathon Race Announcer!
- November 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 186: Why It's An Exciting Time for Women's Running LIVE Show
- October 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 185: Janelle Hartman, Final Finisher of the 2018 New York City Marathon
Billy Elliot Ticket Giveaway!
We’ll get to that in a minute, OK?
First, let’s catch up.
This weekend was a busy one filled with travel, presents and running. A brief breakdown:
On Friday night, ABS and a dozen or so of our friends went to the rodeo. We had a blast watching the bull riders at Madison Square Garden.
Saturday morning we were up early — too early — to head to New Jersey. My mom’s sister (my aunt) lives in Somers Point, which is about 20 minutes from Atlantic City. We’re a bit behind, but the whole extended family was gathering to celebrate Christmas and do our Yankee Swap.
Before going to my aunt’s house, I made a work-related pit stop at a dance event. It was happening right where the train gets in, so I couldn’t resist stopping by and saying hi to a few of my favorite people.
After spending about an hour and a half at the event — poor ABS was a little traumatized — it was onto my aunt’s.
My aunt’s house is right on the bay. It’s huge, it’s beautiful, and when she decorates it for the holiday it’s truly stunning.
Yup. And it was a hit. My aunt even traded for it because she wanted it! Naturally everyone wanted to try it out.
This YouTube video, to be more specific.
Though our trip was brief, it was so nice spending time with the family. I only see my little cousins once a year — twice this year! — and they’re so cute it hurts.
Yeah. It was a little different from when I was there last.
August trip to Ocean City:
I had packed my running gear in hopes of an early-morning boardwalk run (my favorite thing to do when I visit in the summer), but it was way too cold this morning. Plus, my body wanted the extra sleep.
However, when my mom and I ventured onto the beach (everyone else stayed in their warm rooms while the two of us walked around), we did see one brave, inspiring soul:
Still, it was cold.
I couldn’t get that runner out of my head, so after an uneventful train ride, I got back to our apartment and slipped right into my running gear.
First I thought I’d run 3 easy miles along the East River.
Then I thought hey, now that I’m registered for a race (!!!) I should really get used to longer weekend runs.
So I talked myself into 6.4 miles in Central Park.
That turned into 7 miles.
But I felt good. Really good. Despite the freezing cold.
So I ended up settling at 10.6 miles. I maintained a less-than-9-minute-mile pace (that’s as specific I can get without an official tracking device) and I was psyched.
I didn’t even let myself thaw out before getting back to the apartment, grabbing my debit card and running to the closest Modell’s.
Now, this little baby is all mine:
Some rolling, a long shower and some soup and a grilled cheese sandwich later, I’m cozied up in my favorite robe, waiting for ABS to finish watching football so we can watch Mad Men.
Alright. Want to talk about the title for this post?
That’s right. My first giveaway! And I think it’s a pretty good one.
Here’s the deal: I’ve got four tickets to see Billy Elliot on Broadway. Billy Elliot is a Tony Award-winning musical with a score by Elton John. The children in the show are incredibly talented and you’ll laugh and cry (guaranteed). I loved the show when I saw it, and I want a lucky reader to enjoy the same experience.
The catch: The show is on Tuesday at 7 pm. So it’s short notice. But it’s worth canceling whatever plans you’ve already got going on. The show is awesome.
I’m giving away a total of four tickets. So TWO readers will each win a pair.
How to enter:
- Follow Ali on the Run on Twitter (@AliOnTheRun1). Then leave a comment here letting me know you’re a new follower.
- If you already follow me or you don’t have a Twitter account, leave a comment on this post telling me why you want to see the show.
More details: As I mentioned, the tickets are for this Tuesday, January 11, at 7 pm. The show is currently playing at the Imperial Theatre (249 W. 45th Street) in NYC.
Oh, and they’re good seats.
I’ll be picking two winners tomorrow at 4 pm, so that the winners have time to arrange to get their tickets from me. So this is a quickie! Spread the word!