Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- My gift to myself for surviving my first year of motherhood was the gift of family photos — taken by the same perso… https://t.co/BSf4zcicWd about 22 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Last year, Carly Gill fell just two minutes short of her goal of qualifying for the Olympic Marathon Trials. On thi… https://t.co/4shPKggSF2 about 23 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- There were truly days I wasn’t convinced I’d make it to one. There were days — months — spent convincing myself I h… https://t.co/56CpafvU0f 07:20:17 PM October 16, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
It’s Rodeo Day!
I feel like I’m running behind this morning.
Alarm went off at 5:30 this morning.
I got out of bed at 6:0something.
I wanted to run my 6.4 mile loop in Central Park.
I only had time for 4 miles along the East River.
I wanted my stomach to chill out.
My stomach wanted to give me Hell.
But, it’s Friday! And it’s snowing! And tonight is one of my favorite nights of the year. So how can I possibly be cranky?
This evening, when all of my work is done, I’ll join ABS and a dozen or so of our closest friends (well, not true, some of them are strangers) to saddle up (not true either, we won’t actually be saddling up on anything) at the rodeo.
Then we bought tickets, and we had the best time ever.
The rodeo is kind of a crazy event. These wild dudes hop on psychotic, angry bulls and willingly get flung around. It’s thrilling to watch. Then, in between the bull riding events, they have kid competitions.
That’s right. Little, tiny, pint-sized kids.
They suit up in full-on padded outfits and helmets and hop on board a sheep.
Yup. A sheep.
Whichever kid stays on the sheep the longest wins.
And that is why I’m so excited for the rodeo tonight.
Have a great day, everyone! Enjoy the snow if you’re in the northeast! And if you’re not in the northeast, enjoy not having to deal with snow!
TELL ME: What is your favorite “non-you” event? Normally I opt for Broadway shows, the ballet and the occasional live concert. But the rodeo is cool.