Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- February 19, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 209: Catching Up with Andrea Barber
- February 17, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Live in Atlanta + Runners to Watch at the Olympic Marathon Trials
- February 13, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 208: Love on the Run Week with Kara & Adam Goucher
- February 12, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 207: Love on the Run Week with Gwen Jorgensen & Pat Lemieux
- February 11, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 206: Love on the Run Week with Steph & Ben Bruce
It’s Rodeo Day!
I feel like I’m running behind this morning.
Alarm went off at 5:30 this morning.
I got out of bed at 6:0something.
I wanted to run my 6.4 mile loop in Central Park.
I only had time for 4 miles along the East River.
I wanted my stomach to chill out.
My stomach wanted to give me Hell.
But, it’s Friday! And it’s snowing! And tonight is one of my favorite nights of the year. So how can I possibly be cranky?
This evening, when all of my work is done, I’ll join ABS and a dozen or so of our closest friends (well, not true, some of them are strangers) to saddle up (not true either, we won’t actually be saddling up on anything) at the rodeo.
Then we bought tickets, and we had the best time ever.
The rodeo is kind of a crazy event. These wild dudes hop on psychotic, angry bulls and willingly get flung around. It’s thrilling to watch. Then, in between the bull riding events, they have kid competitions.
That’s right. Little, tiny, pint-sized kids.
They suit up in full-on padded outfits and helmets and hop on board a sheep.
Yup. A sheep.
Whichever kid stays on the sheep the longest wins.
And that is why I’m so excited for the rodeo tonight.
Have a great day, everyone! Enjoy the snow if you’re in the northeast! And if you’re not in the northeast, enjoy not having to deal with snow!
TELL ME: What is your favorite “non-you” event? Normally I opt for Broadway shows, the ballet and the occasional live concert. But the rodeo is cool.