Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- December 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 192: Adrianne Haslet, Boston Marathon Bombing Survivor
- November 27, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 191: The Great Turkey Trot of 2014
- November 20, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 190: Sarah True, Olympian & Ironman Triathlete
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
Thankful Things Thursday: First Edition
Lately I feel like Ali on the Run has become Ali Recaps Her Workouts But Doesn’t Write About Much Else.
Time to mix it up, folks!
Back in November, I had this little revelation: Why do we only show how thankful we are for life’s little blessings just one day a year?
There are things that I appreciate every day. But I don’t vocalize these things. I smile, then move on.
Look at that face!
So, without further ado, I present to you…
Thankful Things Thursday!
Every Thursday, I’ll share five (or more) things I’m thankful for — and I hope that in return you’ll share some things you’re thankful for in return. Simple concept. Are you with me?
So let’s do this!
Today, I am thankful for…
- My morning run. I went to sleep at 12:30 am. Not cool, since my alarm was set for 5:30 am in order to get a run in before a long day at the office. I didn’t get up at 5:30 as planned. But I did get up around 6:05, laced up and still squeezed in 3 miles.
- My body. We’re getting along these days. I’ve been giving my legs a bit of a break by shortening the length of my daily runs (at one point I was doing 6–7 miles almost every day, plus a longer weekend run) and my body is reacting well to the adjustment. I’m focusing more on strength training and have fallen seriously in love with foam rolling. I’m starting to feel like all of those Christmas cookies are wearing off and the sugar is working its way out of my bloodstream. (Is that where sugar goes? I don’t even know.)
- My boyfriend. The reason for the 12:30 am bedtime? Loooong talks with ABS. We’ve only lived together for a few months (If you’re new to the blog, I moved in with him on October 30) so obviously there are some transition issues to be worked out. What does that mean? He thinks his socks are supposed to go on the floor after he wears them. I think the hamper is a more appropriate place. Anyway, we got to talking about a whole variety of things last night and the conversation kept going and going. I’m lucky that he listens to me and cares about how I feel. Even though I know I’m not going to win this dirty sock battle.
- Twitter! Yeah yeah, I’m thankful for Twitter. Whatever. I joined the Twitterverse (Can I call it that? Am I lame now?) just about a week ago and already I’ve connected with awesome people. It’s a great way to chat with people, get inspiration and stay up to date on the blog-o-sphere. (Again, can I call it that? I don’t know cool web lingo.) Oh, and I’m there at @AliOnTheRun1.
- My health. I shouldn’t even write this without knocking on wood or something, but I’ve been healthy lately. I’m taking care of my body as best I can and my Crohn’s Disease hasn’t acted up since last August. I hope that’s a good sign going into 2011! After having two serious flare-ups last year, I’d love to get through this year without having any.
I should get a puppy...
I really could go on and on, but I’ll save that for next Thursday.
YOUR TURN: What are you thankful for today?