Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye 11:12:19 AM September 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
No Knee Pain!
I am proud to report that after giving myself a running rest day yesterday — in addition to the loads of foam rolling I’ve been doing lately — I ran 4 miles this morning without any pain!
Usually I don’t feel much pain anyway during the run. It’s when I stop running that the aches set in. And getting truly injured is my biggest fear.
Not today, though! I felt great the whole time.
I also kept a steady 8:30 pace, which I was thrilled with. I don’t wear a running watch or track my pace. I simply note what time I start running and what time I stop, then I do the math. So it’s more of an estimate really, but I’m happy with it.
For some reason (New Year’s Resolutions?) there were lots of people out running this morning, despite the blustery winds and 32 degree temperature. Oh, and the dark. Maybe everyone just wanted to see this…
I felt really happy when I got back from my run. Ready to tackle the day, which will include:
- Work, work, work
- A mid-day escape to Bed Bath & Beyond. I need to pick up two Yankee Swap gifts for our extended family Christmas celebration in New Jersey this weekend. Any fun/cute/cheap/genius ideas? I have one thing in mind but haven’t found a second light bulb idea yet.
- A big gym decision. Not as dramatic as it sounds. But yesterday I upgraded my Crunch membership so that I can attend any location in the city, rather than just the 38th Street location. Now I have so many classes to choose from! I am so excited to try out all the new features and meet new people and all the good stuff that comes with trying out something new (like being sore in new places, hehe).
DECIDE FOR ME: Spinning, BodyArt or a 90-minute Hot Power Yoga class? I’m leaning toward yoga. I’ll let you choose. I trust you!
Also, check out my new bling at the office:
I originally bought this as a gaudy gift for my darling grandmother, Honey (yes that’s what we call her), but found out that she uses WebTV which apparently doesn’t require a mouse.
Bada-bing-bada-awesome. Gift for myself!
I feel very fancy.
Off to embrace the world of productivity. Have a great day, friends!