Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- This post is #sponsored by the amergastroassn #IBDParenthoodProject. Now and then. It's so crazy to look back at… https://t.co/q8xyFhBdCG 07:12:30 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “When you’re in a powerless position & the rest of your career is totally dependent on what you do, you aren’t goin… https://t.co/Oxg9MuShaT 06:30:59 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Shout-out to all the parents out there whose babies are getting four teeth at once. Whose babies have woken up cryi… https://t.co/SDPVCQ7Rpu 06:44:39 PM November 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Loved talking to @junodemelo and @runnersworld about my relationships with podcasting and running! https://t.co/H6Fr3ekXVr 02:27:52 PM November 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
- November 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 187: I'm a New York City Marathon Race Announcer!
- November 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 186: Why It's An Exciting Time for Women's Running LIVE Show
- October 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 185: Janelle Hartman, Final Finisher of the 2018 New York City Marathon
No Knee Pain!
I am proud to report that after giving myself a running rest day yesterday — in addition to the loads of foam rolling I’ve been doing lately — I ran 4 miles this morning without any pain!
Usually I don’t feel much pain anyway during the run. It’s when I stop running that the aches set in. And getting truly injured is my biggest fear.
Not today, though! I felt great the whole time.
I also kept a steady 8:30 pace, which I was thrilled with. I don’t wear a running watch or track my pace. I simply note what time I start running and what time I stop, then I do the math. So it’s more of an estimate really, but I’m happy with it.
For some reason (New Year’s Resolutions?) there were lots of people out running this morning, despite the blustery winds and 32 degree temperature. Oh, and the dark. Maybe everyone just wanted to see this…
I felt really happy when I got back from my run. Ready to tackle the day, which will include:
- Work, work, work
- A mid-day escape to Bed Bath & Beyond. I need to pick up two Yankee Swap gifts for our extended family Christmas celebration in New Jersey this weekend. Any fun/cute/cheap/genius ideas? I have one thing in mind but haven’t found a second light bulb idea yet.
- A big gym decision. Not as dramatic as it sounds. But yesterday I upgraded my Crunch membership so that I can attend any location in the city, rather than just the 38th Street location. Now I have so many classes to choose from! I am so excited to try out all the new features and meet new people and all the good stuff that comes with trying out something new (like being sore in new places, hehe).
DECIDE FOR ME: Spinning, BodyArt or a 90-minute Hot Power Yoga class? I’m leaning toward yoga. I’ll let you choose. I trust you!
Also, check out my new bling at the office:
I originally bought this as a gaudy gift for my darling grandmother, Honey (yes that’s what we call her), but found out that she uses WebTV which apparently doesn’t require a mouse.
Bada-bing-bada-awesome. Gift for myself!
I feel very fancy.
Off to embrace the world of productivity. Have a great day, friends!