Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- With the U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials just 11 days away (!!!), here are some of my favorite people to follow for gr… https://t.co/iJmsBCGB1D 08:26:37 PM February 18, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- https://t.co/zPsHNmJjzl 01:37:33 PM February 18, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: Olympic Trials live show information + all the past Ali on the Run Show guests who will be running! https://t.co/zPsHNmJjzl 09:46:54 AM February 17, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Happy Valentine's Day! Love, the Ali on the Run Show — and @karagoucher & @Adam_Goucher! It's the fifth and final e… https://t.co/zSYFru5ccV 08:19:43 AM February 14, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- February 19, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 209: Catching Up with Andrea Barber
- February 17, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Live in Atlanta + Runners to Watch at the Olympic Marathon Trials
- February 13, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 208: Love on the Run Week with Kara & Adam Goucher
- February 12, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 207: Love on the Run Week with Gwen Jorgensen & Pat Lemieux
- February 11, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 206: Love on the Run Week with Steph & Ben Bruce
Don’t Be Mad…
This morning, I asked you all for your input. I wanted you to decide my evening workout now that I have extended gym access. Would it be BodyArt, Spinning or Yoga?
Your comments were unanimous.
“Yoga, yoga, yoga,” you advised.
Doing tonight’s Hot Yoga class at the 59th Street Crunch location meant 90 minutes of fitness tonight. By the time I got to the gym — a bit of a cross-town trek from my office — I just wasn’t feeling it.
I’m sorry that I didn’t take your recommendations!
The decision not to get my downward dog on was definitely more mental than physical. I know my body could have handled it. But the thought of getting home close to 8:45 wasn’t appealing, and I kept imagining myself watching the clock for an hour and a half. No thanks.
So I didn’t do BodyArt. I didn’t do Spinning. I didn’t do Hot Yoga.
But I did do something, and I’m proud that I did it at the new Crunch location, instead of just sticking with where I’m comfortable.
I took Chisel with Tomas. It was 45 minutes of lifting, squatting and burning. Chisel isn’t new to me, but Chisel with Tomas is. I liked that we didn’t use a ton of “accessories” (no body bar! no risers!) and that we did lots of ab and butt work. I felt the burnnnnn.
I’m sorry if I let ya’ll down. I know you had high yoga hopes for me! But I did scope out the class on my way out of the gym (which, by the way, is huge) and the room didn’t look very hot. I promise to still try it — when I’m totally into it!
On an unrelated note, I want to know…
TELL ME: If you could change one thing about your life right now, what would you change? And what’s holding you back from making that change?