Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- HEY BOSTON! What do you get when you put four running podcasters in a room together and give them all microphones?… https://t.co/eQVY0ytuCu about 27 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Couldn't make it to the live show this weekend? Listen to it here! https://t.co/dVZ5bSenCD 07:44:37 AM March 20, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Baby’s first wink! Today was a day. And instead of dwelling on the stressful, the negative, the downright frustrat… https://t.co/QuTl5JB3Wz 09:55:33 PM March 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: My (very long) #UnitedNYCHalf Recap! First postpartum race: check! @nyrr @nyrrnews https://t.co/uvHeXsIhgc 01:38:56 PM March 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 19, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 129: LIVE at the United Airlines NYC Half
- March 19, 2019 by AliUnited Airlines NYC Half 2019 Recap
- March 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 128: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Nicole Detling, Sports Psychologist
- March 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 127: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Rachel Nazarian, Dermatologist
- March 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 126: Ali & the Experts Week with Shannon McLay, Founder of The Financial Gym
Don’t Be Mad…
This morning, I asked you all for your input. I wanted you to decide my evening workout now that I have extended gym access. Would it be BodyArt, Spinning or Yoga?
Your comments were unanimous.
“Yoga, yoga, yoga,” you advised.
Doing tonight’s Hot Yoga class at the 59th Street Crunch location meant 90 minutes of fitness tonight. By the time I got to the gym — a bit of a cross-town trek from my office — I just wasn’t feeling it.
I’m sorry that I didn’t take your recommendations!
The decision not to get my downward dog on was definitely more mental than physical. I know my body could have handled it. But the thought of getting home close to 8:45 wasn’t appealing, and I kept imagining myself watching the clock for an hour and a half. No thanks.
So I didn’t do BodyArt. I didn’t do Spinning. I didn’t do Hot Yoga.
But I did do something, and I’m proud that I did it at the new Crunch location, instead of just sticking with where I’m comfortable.
I took Chisel with Tomas. It was 45 minutes of lifting, squatting and burning. Chisel isn’t new to me, but Chisel with Tomas is. I liked that we didn’t use a ton of “accessories” (no body bar! no risers!) and that we did lots of ab and butt work. I felt the burnnnnn.
I’m sorry if I let ya’ll down. I know you had high yoga hopes for me! But I did scope out the class on my way out of the gym (which, by the way, is huge) and the room didn’t look very hot. I promise to still try it — when I’m totally into it!
On an unrelated note, I want to know…
TELL ME: If you could change one thing about your life right now, what would you change? And what’s holding you back from making that change?