Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- May 22, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 144: Sara & Ryan Hall
- May 19, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 143: Motherhood Mondays with Dr. Taraneh Shirazian, OB/GYN & President of Saving Mothers
- May 15, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 142: Jen Ator, Women's Running Editor in Chief
- May 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 141: Motherhood Mondays with Colleen Lubin, Creator of Not Quite Knocked Up
- May 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 140: Carolyn Su, Creator of @diversewerun
Don’t Be Mad…
This morning, I asked you all for your input. I wanted you to decide my evening workout now that I have extended gym access. Would it be BodyArt, Spinning or Yoga?
Your comments were unanimous.
“Yoga, yoga, yoga,” you advised.
Doing tonight’s Hot Yoga class at the 59th Street Crunch location meant 90 minutes of fitness tonight. By the time I got to the gym — a bit of a cross-town trek from my office — I just wasn’t feeling it.
I’m sorry that I didn’t take your recommendations!
The decision not to get my downward dog on was definitely more mental than physical. I know my body could have handled it. But the thought of getting home close to 8:45 wasn’t appealing, and I kept imagining myself watching the clock for an hour and a half. No thanks.
So I didn’t do BodyArt. I didn’t do Spinning. I didn’t do Hot Yoga.
But I did do something, and I’m proud that I did it at the new Crunch location, instead of just sticking with where I’m comfortable.
I took Chisel with Tomas. It was 45 minutes of lifting, squatting and burning. Chisel isn’t new to me, but Chisel with Tomas is. I liked that we didn’t use a ton of “accessories” (no body bar! no risers!) and that we did lots of ab and butt work. I felt the burnnnnn.
I’m sorry if I let ya’ll down. I know you had high yoga hopes for me! But I did scope out the class on my way out of the gym (which, by the way, is huge) and the room didn’t look very hot. I promise to still try it — when I’m totally into it!
On an unrelated note, I want to know…
TELL ME: If you could change one thing about your life right now, what would you change? And what’s holding you back from making that change?