Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye 11:12:19 AM September 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
A Breakdown of A Good Day
Today has been a long day.
No complaints here, though. It’s been a pretty great day. Why, you ask? Allow me to break it down for you.
I slept in. Yeah, that’s rare for me. I almost always wake up and get moving with some form of exercise (usually running). But today my knees were achy and my body wanted sleep. So sleep my body got. You’re welcome, knees. Rest up, will ya?
I wore my favorite dress. It’s blue. It’s kinda tight. It’s my power dress. I usually wear it when I have a big event or meeting (I bought it for my birthday last year), but today it just felt right.
I was so, so, so productive at work. You know those days where time just flies? Heck yeah, that was today. It was 1 pm before I had a chance to breathe.
I re-connected with an old friend. Brianne was my best friend while she was living in NYC. We worked together, we bonded so fast, and she even asked me to be in her wedding. But when she moved back to Ohio in July 2009, our friendship suffered and we grew apart. But she’s in NYC with her parents, and today I took a long lunch break to have a Starbucks catch-up date with her. It was so nice to spend time together in person. It made me realize how much I miss her.
I got my butt whooped at spinning. Seriously. Shana, over at Crunch 38th Street. You rule. Thanks for making me sweat out of pores I didn’t even know I had. I snagged a front row bike, rocked out and was dripping by the end of class. My quads were burning. Good thing I foam rolled first! I also did a whole bunch of bicep and tricep exercises before class. Gotta keep those arms in top shape!
I ate delicious leftovers for dinner. And they were healthy. Nom nom noms. Side note: thank you everyone for your awesome cooking suggestions! Can’t wait to try out all of your recipes (hopefully soon).
I watched Paula Abdul’s new dance show, “Live to Dance.” It was terrible. But I’m still putting it on my list.
I joined my first FitBlog chat! It was great hearing what other healthy living bloggers had to share. It was a little overwhelming, to be honest, and I kept getting way behind reading all of the responses. But hopefully I’ll continue with the chats and get better at it.
TELL ME: Share 3 awesome things about your day today!