Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- So, that colonoscopy on Friday really took me down. Normally, after these NBD procedures — this was my fifth or six… https://t.co/FupXsRIYqD 07:46:23 PM August 18, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Annie is 10 months old today. I remember when Annie hit five months, thinking that was the best age. Then thinking… https://t.co/uZ7JN9wsFG 08:06:22 AM August 16, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- HEY HEY, A GIVEAWAY! My current status: colonoscopy prep! I’ll be spending this beautiful Thursday evening slammin… https://t.co/qnjarCYoXB 05:07:56 PM August 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- August 19, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 163: You Can Run a Marathon with Alexi Pappas
- August 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 162: Allie Ostrander, Professional Runner for Brooks Running
- August 13, 2019 by AliA Tuesday in the Life
- August 7, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 161: Lauren Fleshman & Jesse Thomas
- July 31, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 160: Kaitlin Goodman, Professional Runner for the Boston Athletic Association
My 2011 Resolutions
I love making New Year’s Resolutions.
Growing up, I always made lofty, unmeasurable goals for myself. I wanted to lose weight, eat healthy, etc.
But last year I learned that in order to make a resolution effective, you need to make it something tangible.
At least that’s what works for me.
In 2010, I resolved to take a yoga class.
My other resolutions included drinking more water (definitely achieved that one) and “being nicer to strangers on public transportation” (still kind of working on that one, but I’m much calmer than I used to be). I like having my New Year’s Resolution plan be more of a checklist.
So, after some thoughtful planning, I present to you…
Ali’s 2011 Resolutions:
- Take a tap class: This is my sole remaining resolution from 2010. I’m sad I never mustered up the courage to take a class last year, so I will do it this year. Promise.
- Try out Yoga to the People: I keep saying I want to take more yoga classes, and YTTP is a wonderful resource in NYC. It’s a pay-as-you-wish studio and I really think I should try it.
- Take a SoulCycle and/or Flywheel class: I’m sort of fascinated by both these spinning studios and want to try them out (especially since SoulCycle is just blocks from my apartment).
- Run a sub 2-hour 1/2 marathon: Last year I ran the NYC 1/2 Marathon in 2 hours, 3 minutes. So close! I’m confident that this year I can shave 4 seconds off my time to be in that elusive sub-2 hour club.
- Don’t nag ABS about apartment things: I’m so OCD and he’s so lax. Now that we’re roommates, I know that I need to find a middle ground between what I deem to be clean and what he thinks is acceptable. (This might prove to be the toughest resolution I make!)
- Travel somewhere new: It doesn’t have to be Europe and it doesn’t have to be a full-on vacation. I just want to check out a new city. Chicago, San Francisco and San Antonio are all on my list.
- See Becky: She’s my best friend and she lives in Charlotte, NC. Somehow I will make sure we see each other this year.
- Read three books: I’ve been getting behind in my magazine reading and completely neglecting picking up any books. I don’t care if I read three cheesy chick-lit novels. I just want to read three books. Let me know if you have any recommendations!
- Hit a “certain number” in my savings account: Of course I’m not going to disclose what that number is, but I have an amount in my head that I’d really like to get to this year.
- Complete a marathon! This is the year’s “big goal.” I definitely want to go for it this year — I’m in the lottery for the NYC Marathon and am also contemplating the Chicago Marathon — but there’s always the chance of injury or not even getting into a marathon. Still, I do see 26.2 miles in my future.
Alright 2011, let’s do this!
TELL ME: Do you make New Year’s Resolutions? If so, what are yours for 2011?