- When I go to bed at night, I see the 2048 tiles floating in my brain. (Also used to happen when I was addicted to Snood in high school.) about 8 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- When I left for dinner we were all talking about the llamas. Came home from dinner & it's all about this black & blue dress. Can't keep up! about 17 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I got "White Llama." This is amazing. http://t.co/J2OPRSmuNM about 22 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- NOOOO LET THE LLAMA BE FREE! 03:27:21 PM February 26, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- February 24, 2015 by Ali40 Days To Personal Revolution: Week 1
- February 19, 2015 by Ali40 Days To Personal Revolution: Let's Get It Started!
- February 13, 2015 by AliPuzzling Thoughts + I Tried Mile High Run Club (And Got You A Free Class!)
- February 9, 2015 by AliAli Back On The Run
- January 20, 2015 by Ali13 Things I've Learned In One Month Of Wedding Planning
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
My Return to Central Park
I was so excited to wake up in my own bed this morning and get back into my regular routine.
As regular as can be without the whole “going to work” thing.
I let myself sleep until 8 am, and then I hopped out of bed, excited to start the day.
While there are plenty of things on my To Do list today, the one I was most looking forward to was “Run.”
After doing some research on Twitter and Facebook, I came to the conclusion that Central Park finally seemed safe enough for running. Though I did wear my old running shoes since I don’t want my pretty new ones to get muddy just yet.
Well, I ran 7 miles, which I’m excited about.
It was hard, though.
It was tough because my legs felt heavy. It was tough because those hills never seem to get any easier. And it was really tough because the road conditions were so inconsistent.
Without further ado, my post-apocalyptic snowstorm photo tour of the Central Park running road:
Everything looks clear, right?
Then you get to the East Side…
Messy, messy, messy.
My pace slooooowed on the East Side! I was dodging snow, ice, slush and tourists. No fun!
Overall, after today running in Central Park should be a breeze. The sun was strong and it seemed to be melting most of the ice patches that are still there.
Plus, there were kids everywhere having a blast. It was adorable.
Slush and puddles (and snow mounds) everywhere!
Slowly but surely my body is getting back to normal!
Still on tap for today:
- Going to the bank to cash a check (only so I can write one, boo!)
- Painting my nails
- Grocery shopping
- Making my dessert for tomorrow’s New Year’s Eve party
- Taking a Refine Method class at 5:20
- Dinner with ABS and two other couples
- Playing Wii all night with ABS (this is not a joke)
Have a great day, everyone!
TELL ME: How do you re-adjust after being away and out of your routine? Any tips or tricks?