- Happy Anniversary, @brian_cristiano. Thanks for showing me the world and making even my wildest… https://t.co/qr9kDgbTJI about 5 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I refer to a lot of days as the Best Day Ever: my first marathon, my first New York City… https://t.co/RUIhmnowln about 16 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I refer to a lot of days as the Best Day Ever: my first marathon, my first New York City… https://t.co/G7Ekx5bCSE about 16 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hated saying goodbye to my best girl but happy to report that I am [fully doped up on Imodium… https://t.co/f2pFkxFxl6 05:32:55 PM September 25, 2016 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- September 24, 2016 by AliA Letter To My Body
- September 21, 2016 by AliI Had My Wisdom Teeth Removed!
- September 19, 2016 by AliNew York City Marathon Training: Week 9
- September 15, 2016 by AliThankful Things Thursday: Six Happy Things (Including A PRO Compression Giveaway!)
- September 12, 2016 by AliNew York City Marathon Training: Week 8
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
We Left the House!
Even before we got up and went to the gym today, my right arm was already so sore.
From playing so much Wii tennis.
The past four days have been spent doing this:
Last night we gave the gaming system a break. My parents and I watched Going the Distance, which I loved. (Great soundtrack, too.) Justin Long and Drew Barrymore (they were dating when they filmed the movie) play a couple in a long-distance relationship. The movie was cute without being cheesy. Really well done.
But beware, viewers: the graphic phone sex scene isn’t really fun to watch with your parents, no matter how close you are.
Today, the snow had finally been cleared enough for us to leave the house!
No more cabin fever!
My mom and I were out the door by 8 am to hit up their local Planet Fitness. My dad was there, too, but he prefers to work out much earlier, so he was almost done his workout by the time we got there.
I used to go to this gym in high school and on college breaks. I must say, I would never work out if I had to drive 25 minutes to get to a treadmill!
As you all know, I’m no fan of the treadmill. I’d much rather run outside, do a group fitness class or find cardio in any other form.
But today, I suited up in my new Lululemon tank from ABS…
With my new outfit on, I was psyched to get to the gym, even if it did mean doing as many miles as possible on a boring machine.
As I’ve been grumbling about, I hadn’t worked out since two days before Christmas. I’ve been eating tons of crap, and normally I don’t mind indulging because I work out to balance it all.
But between the busy holidays and the snowstorm, my workout plans got totally derailed.
So today, I loved the treadmill, if only because it was my sole option.
I managed to run 6 miles on that machine, but I broke it up to avoid boredom.
The first 3 miles were done while watching Ellen on the gym TVs.
She cracks me up. I was “that girl” giggling while I was running.
Then I did some ab stuff, then went back to the treadmill for another mile.
Then leg machines, then back to the treadmill for another mile.
Lastly I did a whole lotta lifting — my poor, sore Wii arms were screaming in the best way possible — and finished out my workout with one final mile of running.
I can’t wait to get back to NYC to jump back into my regular routine. I enjoyed indulging a bit while on vacation, but my body is seeking normalcy again.
After the gym, my mom and I joined my dad for lunch at Veano’s, a cute Italian restaurant that used to be my favorite.
My dad has a habit of forgetting his glasses, so he had to wear my mom’s to look at the menu.
After lunch, my mom and I drove to Tilton to do some outlet shopping! It’s one of our must-do activities when I’m home.
To be honest, the stores there aren’t that great — we really only go to Banana Republic, J.Crew and the BCBG Final Cut store.
Definitely scored some steals though, including a shirt that I’m going to wear to the rodeo at Madison Square Garden in January!
The plan for tonight is laundry, packing, my last home-cooked meal and lots of Wii-ing, of course.
TELL ME: What are your must-do activities when you go home to visit? My mom and I always go outlet shopping and usually try to do at least one workout together.