- Is it bedtime now? about 8 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Two early birthday presents from the Bronx Zoo, because I am 29 going on 7, and I cry when I see… https://t.co/txs4J5PotT about 10 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- WANT: A pair of high-waisted sequin shorts a la these boxing guys. And a matching robe. #MayPac #FightNight 09:20:42 PM May 02, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- April 29, 2015 by Ali11 Things I Loved About Running Around Washington, D.C.
- April 23, 2015 by AliAn Update On That Party We're Planning
- April 20, 2015 by AliMORE/FITNESS/SHAPE Half Marathon Recap
- April 13, 2015 by AliThe Best Things In The World
- April 1, 2015 by Ali40 Days To Personal Revolution: Final Recap
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
We Left the House!
Even before we got up and went to the gym today, my right arm was already so sore.
From playing so much Wii tennis.
The past four days have been spent doing this:
Last night we gave the gaming system a break. My parents and I watched Going the Distance, which I loved. (Great soundtrack, too.) Justin Long and Drew Barrymore (they were dating when they filmed the movie) play a couple in a long-distance relationship. The movie was cute without being cheesy. Really well done.
But beware, viewers: the graphic phone sex scene isn’t really fun to watch with your parents, no matter how close you are.
Today, the snow had finally been cleared enough for us to leave the house!
No more cabin fever!
My mom and I were out the door by 8 am to hit up their local Planet Fitness. My dad was there, too, but he prefers to work out much earlier, so he was almost done his workout by the time we got there.
I used to go to this gym in high school and on college breaks. I must say, I would never work out if I had to drive 25 minutes to get to a treadmill!
As you all know, I’m no fan of the treadmill. I’d much rather run outside, do a group fitness class or find cardio in any other form.
But today, I suited up in my new Lululemon tank from ABS…
With my new outfit on, I was psyched to get to the gym, even if it did mean doing as many miles as possible on a boring machine.
As I’ve been grumbling about, I hadn’t worked out since two days before Christmas. I’ve been eating tons of crap, and normally I don’t mind indulging because I work out to balance it all.
But between the busy holidays and the snowstorm, my workout plans got totally derailed.
So today, I loved the treadmill, if only because it was my sole option.
I managed to run 6 miles on that machine, but I broke it up to avoid boredom.
The first 3 miles were done while watching Ellen on the gym TVs.
She cracks me up. I was “that girl” giggling while I was running.
Then I did some ab stuff, then went back to the treadmill for another mile.
Then leg machines, then back to the treadmill for another mile.
Lastly I did a whole lotta lifting — my poor, sore Wii arms were screaming in the best way possible — and finished out my workout with one final mile of running.
I can’t wait to get back to NYC to jump back into my regular routine. I enjoyed indulging a bit while on vacation, but my body is seeking normalcy again.
After the gym, my mom and I joined my dad for lunch at Veano’s, a cute Italian restaurant that used to be my favorite.
My dad has a habit of forgetting his glasses, so he had to wear my mom’s to look at the menu.
After lunch, my mom and I drove to Tilton to do some outlet shopping! It’s one of our must-do activities when I’m home.
To be honest, the stores there aren’t that great — we really only go to Banana Republic, J.Crew and the BCBG Final Cut store.
Definitely scored some steals though, including a shirt that I’m going to wear to the rodeo at Madison Square Garden in January!
The plan for tonight is laundry, packing, my last home-cooked meal and lots of Wii-ing, of course.
TELL ME: What are your must-do activities when you go home to visit? My mom and I always go outlet shopping and usually try to do at least one workout together.