Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- February 14, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 60: Emma Coburn
- February 12, 2018 by AliThings I Think About A Lot
- February 11, 2018 by AliYear 1 on the Run
- February 7, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 59: Emily Saul, Co-Leader of November Project Boston
- January 31, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 58: Theodora Blanchfield of Preppy Runner
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
I have come down with a serious case of cabin fever.
Don’t get me wrong: I’m more than happy to be spending lots of time at home in New Hampshire with my parents.
I’m especially lucky that my job gave me the entire week between Christmas and New Year’s off.
But I’m going stir crazy!
This whole blizzard situation is getting old.
Last night, my parents and I went to sleep with visions of treadmills dancing in our heads (well, I did, at least — they’re elliptical people).
When we all woke up this morning, however, we were officially snowed in.
But by that point none of us felt like driving 25 minutes to get to the gym. We’re morning workout people. All motivation was lost. Another day of sweatpants for the win.
Instead, we’ve spent our day mastering all things Wii.
I’m getting good at Wakeboarding and my mom is quickly becoming a Tennis champion. My dad doesn’t quite get the hang of any of the games, but he seems to enjoy Jousting the most.
Wii Olympics, here we come.
I’m still eating lots of yummy leftovers, but I definitely toned down my sweets-eating so far. My body is starting to revolt and was really craving fruits and veggies this morning.
My mom and I did take a break from game-playing to do some ab exercises. Two-hundred crunches — nothing exciting — but it felt good to do something.
On tap tomorrow: finally making it to the gym, then getting a haircut, hopefully doing some shopping and maybe trying out a Zumba class with my mom.
I can’t wait to break a non-video game-induced sweat!
TALK: Anyone else out there getting cabin fever? How do you deal?