Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- March 21, 2017 by AliEpisode 12: Thoughts We Had During Our First Half Marathons
- March 16, 2017 by AliHow I Finally Got Over My Body Issues
- March 16, 2017 by AliEpisode 11: Candice Huffine, Model, Runner, and Founder of Project Start
- March 14, 2017 by AliEpisode 10: The Worst Mistakes I've Made as a Runner
- March 9, 2017 by AliEpisode 9: Sarah Conklin, 3:37 Marathoner and Picky Bars Employee
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
Ali Claus is Comin’ to Town
All my bags are packed, I’m ready to go!
I made my list…
And then I stuffed everything into my suitcase.
I am giddy with excitement about getting to New Hampshire tonight. I banged out a 4-mile run this morning (The wind almost knocked me into the East River, I swear!), vacuumed the apartment, cleaned the bathrooms, took out the trash and recycling and put away all the dishes.
I’m meeting ABS at Penn Station around noon and then we’re taking the Long Island Railroad out to Jamaica. From there we hop on the Air Train to the JetBlue terminal. It sounds like a hike, but it’s really easy — and incredibly cheap!
Our flight brings us to Boston (flights to NH are way too expensive) and my mom is picking us up at the airport. My parents’ house is only about an hour outside of Boston, but since we get in at 4:20 pm it’s safe to assume we’ll hit a buttload of traffic.
Here’s our agenda for while we’re in NH:
- Tonight is tacos for dinner! Yum!
- Tomorrow morning ABS and I are running last-minute errands with my dad (obviously he’s not done shopping)
- Tomorrow afternoon my best friend Becky and her boyfriend are coming over
- Tomorrow night — Christmas Eve! — my parents, ABS and I will go to the annual Christmas Eve party hosted by my parents’ friends (traditionnnnn, tradition!)
- Then it’s Christmas! Which at our house means opening presents super early then spending the entire day watching movies and playing games in our PJs
OK, off to triple check the list then hit the road!
Safe travels to everyone this holiday season.
TELL ME: What are your most beloved holiday traditions?