Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye 11:12:19 AM September 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
I Owe My Morning Run to “Glee”
“Glee” has done a lot to change the entertainment industry and pop culture over the past year.
I could go on and on about how much I love the show for its choreography, its brilliant casting and its spot-on, deadpan humor.
But what I probably love most about this witty, hilarious show is the music.
According to iTunes, I have more than 115 songs sung by the “Glee” cast in my music library.
And I love them all.
My point? The show has managed to affect my running and my workouts.
Last night I finally downloaded the “Glee” holiday album and I swear I was skipping on my run this morning.
During the 6.4 miles I ran in Central Park, I wasn’t thinking about the cold, the darkness or the fact that I slept through a “monumental” lunar eclipse.
I was rocking out with the cast, feeling the holiday love.
When I got back to my apartment, my knees were a bit achy, my stomach was grumbly and my face was bright red from the wind.
But I felt so, so happy. Because I had a great new playlist running with me — and I finally covered some decent distance back at an 8:30 pace.
So, good morning! Don’t you think?
TELL ME: What are your favorite running songs? I’m always looking to add more great stuff to my playlists. Here are a few of my go-to tunes, and here are a few songs I recommend right now…
- Just the Way You Are, “Glee” cast
- Letting Go, Sean Kingston feat. Nicki Minaj
- Raise Your Glass, P!nk
- Liv Tonight, Nelly & Keri Hilson
- Marry You, “Glee” cast
- Turn Around (5,4,3,2,1), Flo Rida
- Sweet Disposition, The Temper Trap
- Oh Santa!, Mariah Carey
- We Need a Little Christmas, “Glee” cast
- Jingle Bells, “Glee” cast