Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- February 19, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 209: Catching Up with Andrea Barber
- February 17, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Live in Atlanta + Runners to Watch at the Olympic Marathon Trials
- February 13, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 208: Love on the Run Week with Kara & Adam Goucher
- February 12, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 207: Love on the Run Week with Gwen Jorgensen & Pat Lemieux
- February 11, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 206: Love on the Run Week with Steph & Ben Bruce
Silly “Sweaters” and Lazy Sundays
Last night, ABS and I were invited to an Ugly Christmas Sweater party.
I’ll be the first to admit that I’m a bit “over” this theme. Yes, it can be really fun. But we didn’t know the theme until the day of the party, by which point most stores in Manhattan — from the Salvation Army and Goodwill to H&M and KMart — were sold out of silly sweaters.
So ABS and I put on our Creative Caps and got festive. Party store to the rescue!
Bonus points if you wear a Rudolph nose.
The party was fun. I had a glass of red wine which made me sleepy, so I wasn’t exactly the life of the party. But the antlers were a big hit!
Everyone else looked great, too.
Luckily no Sunday plans meant I could sleep in! ABS had to be up for a work meeting (poor guy) but I lounged around all morning.
I did make a grocery store run at one point (so I could get supplies for a yummy grilled cheese sandwich) and painted my nails in an awesomely festive sparkly metallic silver-ish color:
I started to feel restless around 3 pm (ABS still wasn’t back yet, so I wasn’t being entertained — too many re-runs on SoapNet today!) so I went out for a light 3-mile jog. I took it at a nice, easy pace, mostly just looking around at puppies.
When ABS returned, we went for a little walk together, which was nice. This year is his second Christmas and he was so excited about one of my presents that he asked if he could give it to me tonight.
Um, yeah… Duh.
I told him I’d give him one of his presents, too.
And for me:
ABS was so proud of himself for going into Lululemon on his own today. I’m just excited he’s getting into the Christmas spirit!
We’ll exchange the rest of our gifts at my parents’ house in New Hampshire on Friday.
Now I’ve got some laundry going, some Chinese food sitting happily in my belly and my PJs on. Lazy Sundays…gosh, I forgot how great they can be.
TELL ME: What did you ask for for Christmas this year?