Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 2, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 258: Feel-Good Friday with Claudia Thompson, President of Claudia Connects
- July 1, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 257: Nutrition Q&A with Starla Garcia, Registered Dietitian
- June 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 256: On the Job with Vikki Spruill, President & CEO of New England Aquarium
- June 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 255: Ramblings on the Run with Ali & Matt
- June 24, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 254: Samia Akbar, Fastest U.S.-Born Black Female Marathoner
Saturday Morning Butt Kicking
After more than 8 glorious hours of sleep last night, my body woke up naturally at 7 am today.
I felt rested and ready to attack the weekend — starting with a killer workout with Ashley at Equinox.
As usual, I was super-early, so I walked around Madison Square Park for a bit, which is one of my favorite areas in NYC. (Hello, Puppy Park!)
We took three classes with Corey Hill. Each class was 30 minutes long and honestly, wouldn’t you stick around for three classes as well…?
So yeah. As I was saying…
We took Booty Blast, Upper Cuts and Ab Blast.
As you can predict, the first class targeted our legs with lots o’ squats; the second involved lots of lifting to target different parts of our arms using 5–8 pound weights; and the third was all done laying down (not as easy as it sounds) and doing killer sets of crunches.
It was great to spend some time with fellow blogging buddies (Sara joined us, too) and I enjoyed checking out a new gym with new classes.
What a great start to the weekend!
ABS and I are heading out to run some errands soon, then tonight we have a holiday party. Hoping tomorrow I will finally see Black Swan!
TELL ME: Have you tried any fun new classes at your gym? Any favorites I should know about or check out?