Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Today was one of my all-time favorite days as a mom. @brian_cristiano surprised Annie and me with front-row tickets… https://t.co/Mxg9GHLE5a 06:56:01 PM January 19, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- WOW! 🔥🔥🔥 https://t.co/hsdwn31r95 10:12:49 AM January 19, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I’m at a loss for words because I’ve had like six glasses of champagne, but mostly, today is the best. This week ha… https://t.co/dh5NdfccI6 02:25:44 PM January 18, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: The best parts of my week. There were so many! https://t.co/J72EjfuQDn 11:41:22 AM January 17, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 17, 2020 by AliThe 10 Best Parts of My Week
- January 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 199: My 2020 Visions, Plans, Hopes, & Dreams
- January 14, 2020 by AliAnnie Update: 15 Months
- January 10, 2020 by AliThis Week
- January 8, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 198: Rachel Gersten, Co-Founder of Viva Wellness
A REFINED Start to My Weekend
OK, I know. My pun is super lame.
Obviously the point I’m getting to is that tonight I took my second Refine Method class with Brynn Jinnett!
First, let me tell you a bit about my day, because it was a good one.
Mostly because I got an awesome lunch from my true love: Sorry ABS, this one goes to Whole Foods.
I love love love their pre-made sandwiches, and the panini + small soup combo for just $6.99 is pretty unbeatable in the pricey midtown area where I work.
I always salivate looking at all the yummy choices while my sandwich is being pressed.
Love me some mid-day comfort food!
So after work I quickly came home to change then took a brisk walk just 10 blocks south to the Refine Method studio.
I can’t credit Brynn Jinnett enough for opening this fantastic place. The girl is a rockstar. I love that she’s a former dancer, because it gives us something to bond over, but I also look up to her so much because she’s like a big bundle of fitness knowledge.
As I mentioned in my blog post after taking my first Refine Method class, Brynn is extremely likable and personable. She’s incredibly sweet and very genuine. The kind of person you want to work hard for.
Tonight there were six of us taking class (plus Brynn). I snagged a prime spot in the center of the room so that I could see Brynn clearly. But the way the studio is set up makes it so there isn’t a bad spot in there.
What I really liked about this intimate class is that Brynn was able to give me plenty of individual attention. At Crunch, when I’m packed into a room with 40 other fit chicks, I get lost in the shuffle. But Brynn frequently helped me adjust, making sure I had correct form.
Most of the time, I didn’t have correct form! My lower back is so weak and she kept showing me ways to avoid sinking into it. I can’t help it — I stick my booty out too much!
I also like that tonight’s class was totally different than that first class I took. We used the pulley system to work our biceps and triceps, did lots of squats and pliés, some variations on the plank and brief cardio intervals such as simulating jumping rope and shuffling across the floor in a deep squat. Yes, I worked up a sweat. No, I didn’t look pretty by the end of class.
I also love that Brynn devotes a full 10–15 minutes at the end of class to winding down and stretching. After some killer butt lift exercises (my cheeks were burning, yowza!), she turned the lights down and we cooled down and stretched ourselves out. Great way to head into my weekend!
So for you NYC fitness addicts out there, I very highly recommend Brynn’s Refine Method classes.
Here’s a bit about the specials they have going on right now:
Complimentary First Class: Come try us out! Your first class is free.
New Client Intro 10 Pack: New clients may purchase 10 classes for $100.00 ($10.00/class). This package activates upon first visit after purchase and expires 1 month after activation.
Holiday Special 2010! For the month of December, we will be offering a special 6 Month Unlimited Membership for $200 per month, a savings of $25 per month off of the normal Unlimited rate.
Check out refinemethod.com for more info.
If anyone plans to take a class, let me know! I’m hoping to sign up for a bunch more in the next few weeks.
Also, on my walk home, I got to see puppies:
ABS is on his own in the battle versus the alarm clock. Hehe.
TELL ME: Have you taken a new or different fitness class lately? Why’d you break from your usual workout and what class did you try? Tell me all about it! I’m always looking for new ways to break a sweat and work my muscles.