Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Today was one of my all-time favorite days as a mom. @brian_cristiano surprised Annie and me with front-row tickets… https://t.co/Mxg9GHLE5a 06:56:01 PM January 19, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- WOW! 🔥🔥🔥 https://t.co/hsdwn31r95 10:12:49 AM January 19, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I’m at a loss for words because I’ve had like six glasses of champagne, but mostly, today is the best. This week ha… https://t.co/dh5NdfccI6 02:25:44 PM January 18, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: The best parts of my week. There were so many! https://t.co/J72EjfuQDn 11:41:22 AM January 17, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 17, 2020 by AliThe 10 Best Parts of My Week
- January 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 199: My 2020 Visions, Plans, Hopes, & Dreams
- January 14, 2020 by AliAnnie Update: 15 Months
- January 10, 2020 by AliThis Week
- January 8, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 198: Rachel Gersten, Co-Founder of Viva Wellness
Ali & ABS vs. The Snooze Button
ABS and I both set our alarms for 5:45 am (give or take) each morning. If I’m hoping to do a longer run, it’s 5:30. A shorter run calls for 6 am.
But lately neither of us have been racing out of bed in the morning.
We’ve mastered the art of the Snooze button.
I know, I know. It’s a terrible habit to get into. But the bed is warm. Nature is cold.
Now, here’s the other thing about our morning routines: I’m waking up that early to run. ABS is up that early to go to work.
So if I fall back asleep, it’s not a huge deal. If he falls back asleep, he’s late. Such an important man, he is.
Onto my point (I have one, I swear)…
The other day ABS said to me, “Your new task is to encourage me to get up in the morning.”
“I need to get up when my alarm goes off. I can’t keep sleeping in, because I’ve been getting to work too late.”
This morning, when the iPhones started chirping at 5:45, we both woke up. We laid there for five minutes — no longer — then both got up together.
We did it!
Today at least. He was out the door by 6:45 to head to the office and I had enough time to do my morning ab exercises and conquer a freezing 4-mile run along the East River.
Also, how can I fight getting up when this is waiting for me outside…?
Though it was a brisk 20-something degrees this morning, my body stayed warm. I wore a similar outfit to the one I wore the other day, minus the hat. My head gets hot so fast that I rarely need a hat.
The only problem I did encounter: cold feet. I think it’s time I try out some thicker winter running socks. If you have any favorite brands, please let me know!
It was so nice getting back and taking a warm shower, and I was then out the door by 7:55. Cozied up for the cold commute:
OK, time to take on the day. As I’ve mentioned, today is my Friday! I have lots of work to get done, then tonight I’m taking my second Refine Method class with the fabulous Brynn Jinnett!
I’m super excited to return to the class, especially since I’ve been told that each workout is different. I look forward to seeing what Brynn throws at me tonight!
TELL ME: Any fun weekend plans? I have a tentative “Ugly Sweater” party to attend on Saturday night!