Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Wow! This is amazing, and @ckreiswirth is amazing. 💕💪🏼 https://t.co/1dwtjP5ZUd about 1 hour ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- https://t.co/jI3MaXItKw 10:50:55 AM August 22, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Such a fun read about the woman who inspired the new movie (which I can't wait to see)! via @runnersworld https://t.co/okB7XKpdvs 10:40:10 AM August 22, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- August 21, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 164: Carrie Kreiswirth, Breast Cancer Survivor & Marathoner
- August 19, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 163: You Can Run a Marathon with Alexi Pappas
- August 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 162: Allie Ostrander, Professional Runner for Brooks Running
- August 13, 2019 by AliA Tuesday in the Life
- August 7, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 161: Lauren Fleshman & Jesse Thomas
Ali & ABS vs. The Snooze Button
ABS and I both set our alarms for 5:45 am (give or take) each morning. If I’m hoping to do a longer run, it’s 5:30. A shorter run calls for 6 am.
But lately neither of us have been racing out of bed in the morning.
We’ve mastered the art of the Snooze button.
I know, I know. It’s a terrible habit to get into. But the bed is warm. Nature is cold.
Now, here’s the other thing about our morning routines: I’m waking up that early to run. ABS is up that early to go to work.
So if I fall back asleep, it’s not a huge deal. If he falls back asleep, he’s late. Such an important man, he is.
Onto my point (I have one, I swear)…
The other day ABS said to me, “Your new task is to encourage me to get up in the morning.”
“I need to get up when my alarm goes off. I can’t keep sleeping in, because I’ve been getting to work too late.”
This morning, when the iPhones started chirping at 5:45, we both woke up. We laid there for five minutes — no longer — then both got up together.
We did it!
Today at least. He was out the door by 6:45 to head to the office and I had enough time to do my morning ab exercises and conquer a freezing 4-mile run along the East River.
Also, how can I fight getting up when this is waiting for me outside…?
Though it was a brisk 20-something degrees this morning, my body stayed warm. I wore a similar outfit to the one I wore the other day, minus the hat. My head gets hot so fast that I rarely need a hat.
The only problem I did encounter: cold feet. I think it’s time I try out some thicker winter running socks. If you have any favorite brands, please let me know!
It was so nice getting back and taking a warm shower, and I was then out the door by 7:55. Cozied up for the cold commute:
OK, time to take on the day. As I’ve mentioned, today is my Friday! I have lots of work to get done, then tonight I’m taking my second Refine Method class with the fabulous Brynn Jinnett!
I’m super excited to return to the class, especially since I’ve been told that each workout is different. I look forward to seeing what Brynn throws at me tonight!
TELL ME: Any fun weekend plans? I have a tentative “Ugly Sweater” party to attend on Saturday night!