Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye 11:12:19 AM September 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
A Very Happy Housewarming
Last night’s party went even better than I could have planned or hoped for.
Part of the reason things went well? I got so much done beforehand.
If you’re throwing a party, I highly recommend taking as much time as you can before party day to prepare. Cook whatever you can, freeze stuff, chop veggies, etc. It’ll make the day of that much less stressful.
So, sadly I never found my Perfect Party Outfit. But I raided my closet and put a little something together that I didn’t hate:
I wore a pink sequined skirt with a white tank top and a black belt.
Unfortunately, about an hour into the party, I dropped chocolate on my top and had to do an outfit change. People joked that it was like at the Academy Awards. I wish!
Back to the party.
I was so happy with how the apartment came together. I loved the decorations I picked up at KMart (score!) and we had lots of yummy food (and we didn’t run out of food, which was my biggest fear!).
Meanwhile, ABS morphed into super-host mode and finished getting everything ready.
At one point we had 30+ people in the apartment! It was fantastic.
People got festive…
I spent the night running around, taking coats, serving desserts and getting people drinks. But I made time to talk to everyone who came, drank some wine myself and got lots of compliments on the desserts I had made.
The best move I made: cleaning everything before we went to bed.
The last guest left around 2:15 am, and by then I had already wrapped up all the leftover food (there was tons), taken out the trash and organized the fridge. It was so nice waking up this morning and not having to worry about cleaning!
So, the apartment is officially “warm” now! I absolutely loved hosting and can’t wait to do it again soon.
Today was definitely a recovery day. I slept until about 10:30 am—some kind of record for me—and then ABS and I ordered breakfast and spent the day being lazy. ‘Twas glorious.
Eventually I started to get restless, and went out for a 3-mile run/walk. It felt good to get some fresh air and move my body around a bit.
We just feasted on leftovers, which we’ll be doing all week. I have lots of peanut butter fudge left.
Who wants some?!
TELL ME: How was your weekend? I want to hear about it!