Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- May 27, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 242: Shalane Flanagan
- May 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 241: On the Job with JoMarie Flores, Funeral Director
- May 21, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 240: Lee Glandorf, Tracksmith Head of Communications
- May 20, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 239: Dinée Dorame, Citizen of the Navajo Nation
- May 13, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 238: Sasha Wolff, Founder of Still I Run
Santa, Lend Me Your Elves!
I could really use their help!
Even though today is a “vacation day” for me, I still got up at 7:30 am — it’s going to be a busy one today, kids!
After a fun night out last night at Park Avenue Tavern (food was meh, drinks were yum, atmosphere was fun—take note that it’s only been open for three weeks, so it’s clear they’re still figuring out their angle), and a way-too-late bedtime (1 am, ouch), I’m ready to tackle this day.
In preparing for tomorrow’s party—my first as hostess!—I made several massive To Do lists.
Yesterday I broke the list down into two categories: Friday tasks and Saturday tasks.
Since taking the photo, I’ve also highlighted “Run,” as I got in a 3-mile run along the East River this morning.
I feel like a busy little elf, though I’m much worse at wrapping presents than they probably are!
Seriously, people assume I’m good at wrapping because I’m such a perfectionist with everything else in life.
But I’m terrible. Call me Thumbs.
I wrapped all the presents I’ve bought so far (though I’m not nearly done) and started doing little things to set up for tomorrow’s party.
So I’m trying not to overdo the Christmas-themed things and just stick to basic holiday-ish decorations.
OK, gotta hit the road. Lots to do today, including trying to find a party outfit and beginning to bake all kinds of goodies.
I’m also doing my second-ever Hot Power Yoga class tonight at Pure Yoga! So excited!
Have a great day, everyone!