Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- January 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 115: Tatyana McFadden, 17-Time Paralympic Medalist
- January 15, 2019 by AliAnnie's Favorite Things: 3-Month-Old Must-Haves
- January 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 114: The Fourth Trimester
- January 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 113: Meaghan Murphy, Executive Editor at Good Housekeeping
- January 2, 2019 by AliMotherhood
Today, instead of waking up early and running—I did enough of that yesterday—I slept in a bit and then did some things around the apartment.
I’ve been going nuts lately because there aren’t enough outlets in the apartment. Can you believe that there are NO outlets in either bathroom?
So it’s been a bit of a puzzle for me over the past week or so. Too many appliances, not enough places to give them power.
Yes, I’ve bought extension cords. Yes, I’ve bought surge protectors.
Anyway, this morning I was excited to set up a little outlet hub in the corner of the living room. But it turns out, the pretty new extension cord I bought yesterday is a two-prong one.
I needed a three-prong cord.
Of course, trying to do this at 6:45 am got me all worked up.
But then, on my way to work, I saw this:
To get to my office, I walk down 28th Street, which is the heart of the Flower District. It smells amazing and, as it turns out, those flower store owners are pretty clever!
Needless to say I’m in a better mood now.
I have another day off tomorrow, so I just have to get through today and boom, long weekend!
Also, welcome to all of the new readers here at Ali on the Run! My guest post over at Meals and Miles yesterday brought lots of new people to the site, and I’m excited to have you all here.
A few things to know about me:
- I live in NYC. I’ve lived here for three years and I love it. Most of my posts emphasize that.
- I’m a runner. I never thought I’d be able to call myself a runner. But after spending 16 years as a dancer, I’ve made the switch. I’ve completed three 1/2 Marathons and am hoping to complete a full marathon in 2011!
- I have Crohn’s Disease. I’ve had it since I was young and am learning to live with it. Here’s the full story on that.
- I live with my boyfriend. I call him ABS on the blog. Not because he has a six-pack (he doesn’t, still love him though), but because those are his initials. He makes me laugh often. I blog abou that, too.
- I’m trying to eat healthy.I used to survive on Pasta Sides and Kraft Macaroni & Cheese. I still love my pasta, but I’ve converted to the whole wheat variety. I post photos when I eat or make something super-delicious, but beyond that I don’t document all of my meals on the blog. Sorry.
There’s the summary. For a bit more about me, visit my All About Ali page.
Coming up today:
- Work. Since I was out yesterday, it’ll be a busy day for sure.
- Hopefully making it to Angel’s Tesuto class at the gym for a little strength training.
- Girl’s Night! I’m going out with two of the girls I went to Mexico with. We’re reuniting to talk about how our tans have faded. Sad face.
Have a great day, friends!
Posted in Happy Things-