Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 2, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 258: Feel-Good Friday with Claudia Thompson, President of Claudia Connects
- July 1, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 257: Nutrition Q&A with Starla Garcia, Registered Dietitian
- June 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 256: On the Job with Vikki Spruill, President & CEO of New England Aquarium
- June 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 255: Ramblings on the Run with Ali & Matt
- June 24, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 254: Samia Akbar, Fastest U.S.-Born Black Female Marathoner
Time to Crash
Today was one of those really busy workdays where all of a sudden you look at the clock and it’s 4 pm. Where does the time go?!
Post-work workout was BodyArt with Bethany.
I wasn’t feeling it tonight. I don’t know why. The class was good—it always was—but I was mostly just waiting for it to end.
Why the rush, you ask? Because I have tomorrow off!
I had some unused vacation days that I recently cashed in on, starting tomorrow.
I bought myself a massage back in February or so off Rue La La—60 minute full-body massage at Exhale NYC. Yessssss.
But I kept putting it off, and putting it off, and last month I looked at the confirmation email, sitting sadly at the bottom of my inbox, and noticed that it says “Must Redeem by Dec. 31, 2010.”
So I got on the phone and made the appointment that day.
Tomorrow is finally that day, and I can’t wait. It’s been so long since I’ve had a massage. In fact, the last time I got one was over a year ago, before my brother’s wedding, when the bridesmaids took the bride-to-be (my sister-in-law!) to pamper herself.
To backtrack and tell you about my uneventful night…
I stopped at Walgreens on my way home to pick up some poster-sized photos I had developed. Photos to come. Our living room is starting to come together, which I’m thrilled about.
Now if only I could get ABS to actually notice all the creative work I’m putting into the place… Hmmm…
I got home and felt all kinds of motivated, like this:
I watched the “Glee” Christmas episode which, without spoiling anything, made me cry. I swear every single episode makes me cry.
Then I realized, I don’t need to do everything on my to-do list tonight. In fact, I started to get frustrated thinking about how huge the list is, and how I need more hours in the week leading up to the housewarming party on Saturday.
I started to feel like this:
I did get some stuff crossed off my list, including hanging up the newly printed photos and updating my NYC Class Reviews page. Check it out. At the bottom are the classes I’ve taken most recently, including The Refine Method and Hot Power Yoga.
Now, after a jam-packed day, I feel like this:
Tomorrow’s vacation day will include:
- A run in the morning
- Leftover oatmeal for breakfast—yum!
- Getting my massage in the afternoon
- Some Christmas and party errands
- Present wrapping
- Going to a Hanukkah party with ABS
TELL ME: How do you spend your vacation days? Do you relax, or do you prefer to use the time off to be productive?