Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Today was one of my all-time favorite days as a mom. @brian_cristiano surprised Annie and me with front-row tickets… https://t.co/Mxg9GHLE5a 06:56:01 PM January 19, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- WOW! 🔥🔥🔥 https://t.co/hsdwn31r95 10:12:49 AM January 19, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I’m at a loss for words because I’ve had like six glasses of champagne, but mostly, today is the best. This week ha… https://t.co/dh5NdfccI6 02:25:44 PM January 18, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: The best parts of my week. There were so many! https://t.co/J72EjfuQDn 11:41:22 AM January 17, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 17, 2020 by AliThe 10 Best Parts of My Week
- January 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 199: My 2020 Visions, Plans, Hopes, & Dreams
- January 14, 2020 by AliAnnie Update: 15 Months
- January 10, 2020 by AliThis Week
- January 8, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 198: Rachel Gersten, Co-Founder of Viva Wellness
Cleaning, De-Cluttering and Butt Workouts
Last night, while cleaning/organizing/de-cluttering the apartment, I somehow managed to disconnect the wireless router. ABS was out, so I attempted to fix it myself, to no avail.
Anyway, I’m back now!
Yesterday was a great start to what I’m hoping will continue to be a very productive week.
After work, I hit up the gym, per usual.
First up: Chisel with Angel. I can walk fine today—proof that he didn’t kill us quite like he did last week. We did a ton of upper body stuff though, which I’ve been craving. I used to be so good about lifting weights and do lots of upper body strength training, but lately, with my abundance of cardio taking priority, I’ve let it fall by the wayside.
We also did a ton of “butt stuff” at the end of class. We kneeled on the floor and propped our elbows up on a step with two risers on each side. Then it began…
Twenty or so lifts with the right leg straight behind you, then 20-30 quick pulses with the leg in the same position. Then we lifted the leg once and then brought it in toward our chests (20 or so of these as well). After that we did straight leg lifts with hamstring curls (20-30, I lost count by this point). Next, with our lifted leg bent at a 90-degree angle we did pulses toward the ceiling (foot flexed). Finally, Angel had us straighten the lifted leg and write the alphabet (upper-case letters—I made sure to ask) behind us. Ouch!
Then we repeated the entire sequence on the other side.
Needless to say, my bum is a bit sore today, but it’s not in too much pain.
After that, I scooted downstairs for Spinning. Much to my surprise—and delight—Melinda was back! She’s had subs in for her for about two months, and I was so so so happy about the return of my favorite teacher.
Unfortunately, I had to pee during class but didn’t want to get up and leave. So I didn’t go as full out as I would have liked. Oops!
Back at the apartment, things are shaping up for Saturday’s Housewarming/Holiday Fiesta. I’m trying to clean and de-clutter as much as possible. I’m also doing some decorating.
I finally hung up all of my race numbers!
From the top, they’re in chronological order: Fitness 4-miler, Napa to Sonoma 1/2 Marathon, Las Vegas 1/2 Marathon, NYC 1/2 Marathon and the Abington Gobble Wobble.
I’m so excited to add more numbers to the wall in 2011!
This morning, ABS and I both managed to wake up with our alarms—then turn them off instead of hitting snooze. Thank goodness my body woke me up at 6:15 anyway. Oops!
I only had time for a short run, so I bundled up and ran 3 miles along the East River. The morning running crowd sure has dwindled in the past few weeks…
But the puppies are still out in full force!
For those of you who need winter workout clothes, I strongly recommend this running jacket:
It’s from the GapBodyFit line and it’s amazing. It’s less than $60 and is the best purchase I’ve made in a long time. The fabric is breathable but warm, and the thumbholes are delightful. It zips all the way up to a mock turtleneck, so your entire upper body stays warm.
It’s a pretty color, too.
OK, off to tackle the day.
- Working all day
- BodyArt in the evening
- Oatmeal for dinner (I’ve been craaaaving it)
- “Glee” tonight at 8! It’s the Christmas episode!
Have a great day, everyone!