Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 2, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 258: Feel-Good Friday with Claudia Thompson, President of Claudia Connects
- July 1, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 257: Nutrition Q&A with Starla Garcia, Registered Dietitian
- June 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 256: On the Job with Vikki Spruill, President & CEO of New England Aquarium
- June 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 255: Ramblings on the Run with Ali & Matt
- June 24, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 254: Samia Akbar, Fastest U.S.-Born Black Female Marathoner
This weekend was good to me.
In case you missed any of it:
- I ate an awesome meal and saw The Nutcracker on Friday.
- I went for a long run and saw an inflatable Snoopy on Saturday. I also visited with some hometown friends and checked out the tree at Rockefeller Center.
- I slept in on Sunday then went for a short run. After that it was off to do some Christmas shopping and party prep.
So there you go—all caught up.
This weekend was really fantastic. I rested, I ran, I shopped, I saw friends, I ate well and I laughed a lot.
Last night, ABS and I embarked on a new challenge: watching “Mad Men” from the beginning. Thank you, Netflix.
Everyone raves about this show, and neither of us have watched it on TV. So, we were ready to give it a try.
Two episodes in and so far so good. It’s much darker than I expected. Am I supposed to like Don Draper? Because he’s good at his job, but at home he’s kind of a dirt bag. I’m loving the fashion though and really want to go invest in giant, poofy skirts and cardigans.
We got to sleep around 10:30 last night, and I was shocked when my alarm went off at 5:30 this morning. I was in such a deep sleep.
Still, I got out of bed feeling rested, ready to tackle the week.
I ran 6.4 chilly miles in Central Park. The runner crowd is dwindling in the park on these cold weekday mornings. There weren’t too many of us out this morning!
Here’s what’s going to be awesome about this week:
- I have two days off! In an attempt to use up some vacation days, I have Wednesday and Friday off.
- I’m finally cashing in on my massage! I bought a massage off Rue La La back in February. It expires December 31, so I’m cashing in on it just in time (I’m going on Wednesday). And I cannot wait!
- Girl’s night on Thursday night with the two ladies I went to Mexico with.
- Party! ABS and I are hosting a housewarming/holiday party on Saturday night. I’m so excited to be planning it all and can’t wait to have people over.
OK, now that I’ve written a mini-novel, time to dry my hair and get to work.
TELL ME: What are your party must-haves? What do you like to eat, drink, do?