Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I’m at a loss for words because I’ve had like six glasses of champagne, but mostly, today is the best. This week ha… https://t.co/dh5NdfccI6 about 10 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: The best parts of my week. There were so many! https://t.co/J72EjfuQDn 11:41:22 AM January 17, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 17, 2020 by AliThe 10 Best Parts of My Week
- January 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 199: My 2020 Visions, Plans, Hopes, & Dreams
- January 14, 2020 by AliAnnie Update: 15 Months
- January 10, 2020 by AliThis Week
- January 8, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 198: Rachel Gersten, Co-Founder of Viva Wellness
What the Weekend Should Be
Yesterday was perfect.
I woke up and conquered 11.4 miles in Central Park. The weather was phenomenal, it wasn’t too crowded and my stomach cooperated the whole time.
Also, I saw Snoopy:
After my long run, ABS and I met up with my friends Sarah and Tom, who came down from Boston.
I only get to see Sarah maybe twice a year, so her visits are extra special. We went to high school together and haven’t lived in the same city since graduation.
Of course, we had to show them how amazing NYC is during the holidays.
First stop: Bryant Park.
Next up: Rockefeller Center!
After some walking around, we were freezing and ready to warm up with some lunch. We found an Irish Pub on 7th Avenue where we dined on pub fare (chicken quesadilla for me, nothing special) before heading our separate ways.
But first, a quick stop along Central Park South, where my OCD just about went nuts…
ABS and I came back to our apartment to warm up and, in an attempt to lay down and watch some TV, both ended up passing out for two hours. Guess all that running and sightseeing really took it out of me!
Once we were back up and running, two of ABS’s friends came over—one with a dog he’s watching for the weekend through the Puppies Behind Bars program!—and then we went out to a bar for the night.
I can’t remember the last time I really went out.
I’ve been so concerned with working out, waking up early and trying to be super-healthy, and in turn forgot how much fun it can be to just go out and have a few drinks with friends.
And I managed to stay awake until 2 am. ABS was impressed.
Now, I’m catching up on the blogs, doing some online Christmas shopping and maybe going for a short run before a day of errands.
ABS is still sleeping. Time to go wake him up!
TELL ME: What Christmas presents are you excited to give this year? I still need a few more ideas, so please share!