- When I go to bed at night, I see the 2048 tiles floating in my brain. (Also used to happen when I was addicted to Snood in high school.) about 2 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- When I left for dinner we were all talking about the llamas. Came home from dinner & it's all about this black & blue dress. Can't keep up! about 11 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I got "White Llama." This is amazing. http://t.co/J2OPRSmuNM about 17 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- NOOOO LET THE LLAMA BE FREE! about 18 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- February 24, 2015 by Ali40 Days To Personal Revolution: Week 1
- February 19, 2015 by Ali40 Days To Personal Revolution: Let's Get It Started!
- February 13, 2015 by AliPuzzling Thoughts + I Tried Mile High Run Club (And Got You A Free Class!)
- February 9, 2015 by AliAli Back On The Run
- January 20, 2015 by Ali13 Things I've Learned In One Month Of Wedding Planning
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
Hey It’s OK…
My favorite magazine column is Glamour‘s “Hey It’s OK.” It’s a cute, one-page column, and senior year of college I literally wallpapered my bedroom with pages that I had ripped out from the magazine.
The point of the column is to make you NOT feel guilty about certain thing, like life’s indulgences.
Examples, you say?
Hey It’s OK…
…to pretend to text message to get out of talking with that hyper-chatty person standing next to you. It’s called communi-faking, and we all do it.
…to start your to-do list with a task you’ve already done. (Guilty as charged—always.)
…to begin thinking about lunch at 9:35 A.M.
…to still love those zero-spending weekends at your parents’ house.
So those are just a few of the magazine’s great examples. But I’m thinking that I want to create my own little “Hey It’s OK” list. What do you think?
Lately I’ve been pretty hard on myself, and it’s been taking its toll not only on my own mind and body, but also on the people around me.
ABS and I got into a long discussion about my perfectionist habits on Sunday and we both agreed that I could stand to ease up a bit—for both our sakes.
For the past few months, I’ve convinced myself that I need to eat better, work out more, be more productive at work, meet more people, go on more trips, save more money, make more money, wake up earlier, run further, run faster, go to bed earlier…ohmygosh just writing it all out is exhausting.
So operation “Chill the heck out” is in full effect now. And along with that will come my attempt at living a guilt-free life.
Extra helpings of Mom’s Death by Chocolate? Don’t mind if I do.
A rest day from the gym? If that’s what my body wants.
Sleeping in on the weekends? Welp, haven’t done that one in a while so sure, why not?
Whew. Stay tuned for my progress…
On that note, I went to BodyArt after work today. Felt so good to stretch out my incredibly sore muscles. I love those classes.
And “Glee” tonight was great. I smiled the whole time.
Not a bad day, my friends. Not a bad day.
DISCUSS, POR FAVOR: Are you hard on yourself? Got any advice for how to ease up on the self-criticism?