Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Excited to share today's bonus episode with @CarrieTollefson, who just ran a 2:51 marathon at the Twin Cities Marat… https://t.co/aR94n5RILl about 19 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Exactly one year ago, I woke up at 5 AM for a 6:15 otfedgewater class. I was home by 7:30, showered, and then edite… https://t.co/YPqgJL073S about 21 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
- September 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 177: You Can Run a Marathon Q&A with Greg McMillan & Dr. Cathy Yeckel
I’m so glad I came back to NYC last night instead of this morning. It was nice to wake up in my own bed, ready to tackle the day.
Tackle the day = do nothing.
Well, that’s not totally true. I did make it out the door for a quick 3-mile run along the East River, which was nice. The sun was so strong and I was practically blinded the whole time, but the weather was perfect.
After a shower, I let ABS convince me to do something he’s been wanting me to do forever: Grocery shop at Fairway on the Upper West Side.
ABS used to live up there (lucky!) and that was his regular food shop spot.
I am a Whole Foods fanatic, but he’s a Fairway fan.
So we hopped on board the crosstown bus for our grocery shopping adventure.
It was so overwhelming and probably not something I’ll do again. But I did get lots of yummy stuff, including some great blackened cod that I had for dinner tonight and some basil pesto that I’m looking forward to cooking with later this week.
Now we’re watching Cool Runnings (never gets old—I love that Jamaican bobsled team) and anticipating an early bedtime.
Tomorrow it’s back to the grind.
TELL ME: What was the best part of your Thanksgiving break?