Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- BIG CHEERS for @mbsthinks, who starts her new Cali girl life today! GO GET 'EM, DR. MEGGIE! NYC loves you. Listen: https://t.co/SOm5jPAmY8 07:08:43 AM June 27, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Pretty sick and kinda sad, but hanging on and taking this whole Crohn's thing one day at a time.… https://t.co/8Omgs0EHcz 07:49:00 PM June 26, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- June 20, 2017 by AliAn Update on the Crohn's Situation + Things I'm Loving Right Now
- June 15, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 37: Lindsey Hein, Host of the I'll Have Another Podcast
- June 13, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 36: My Least Favorite Motivational Phrases
- June 9, 2017 by Ali#YOLOCELINE2017
- June 8, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 35: Mia Michaels, Choreographer, Director & So You Think You Can Dance OG
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
I Survived Thanksgiving 2010
Whew. What a whirlwind.
It’s 9:30 pm and I am safely back in my NYC apartment. I survived Thanksgiving 2010.
I’m definitely exhausted from the past few days spent in Lansdale, PA, with my extended family. At any given time there were at least 16 people roaming the house, in search of leftovers, a quiet space to nap or a free shower.
It was mayhem.
Kicking off the holiday weekend with the Gobble Wobble 5K was fantastic. We had a blast dressing up…
I’m also proud to say that I PR’d—since this was my first official 5K! Although the five of us had planned to stick together, something came over me and I took off as soon as the start whistle blew.
Sorry, family! My competitive spirit got the best of me and I wanted to race.
The course was incredibly hilly—my shins were super-sore the next day—but I ended up finishing in 24:35. That’s a 7:55 pace! I didn’t even know I had it in me, especially after a night sleeping on an air mattress. Oh, and did I mention I was wearing a ridiculous Indian costume? I’m not sure how I’ll top that.
After a food-filled Thanksgiving, and an equally binge-festy Black Friday—no shopping involved—I was looking forward to a lazy Saturday. And that’s just what today was.
I slept in yet again and slowly started my day. I went for a 3-mile run, showered, and then the afternoon was spent reunited with very distant friends and family members. My parents were thrilled to see so many of their extended relatives and former neighbors. I didn’t know many people, but there was food, so I was content.
In a wonderful act of convenience, my parents drove me all the way back to my apartment instead of dropping me at a train station in NJ as we had discussed.
I can’t believe there was no traffic.
Now here I am, watching Up in the Air for the millionth time and very slowly unpacking. I was excited to get to show my mom my apartment (my dad had to stay in the illegally parked car, just in case, hehe), which I think she approved of.
It’s been really great having so much time off, and I can honestly say I didn’t once think about work or get stressed about anything non-Thanksgiving related.
Though I am happy to be back in NYC and am looking forward to getting back into my routine. I’m definitely feeling the lingering effects of all the food I’ve consumed, and though I won’t let myself regret any of it (um, it was delicious), I am excited to start burning it all off.
Some fun family photos to wrap up the trip…
I’ve missed reading all the blogs I check so often. I’m looking forward to catching up on all of them tomorrow!
TELL ME: Sum up your holiday for me in two sentences! I want to know what you’ve all been up to.