Follow Me - AliOnTheRun1
- New post: A Day in My Life. Wrote it a week ago. Just got around to posting it. Whatever. Also I <3 @Nov_Project_NYC http://t.co/VzoOQEVcJt about 3 hours ago
- Celebrities: They're just like us & they need running shoes, too. (Michael C. Hall. Cute.) about 10 hours ago
- I fear how badly this road rashy shower is going to hurt... about 15 hours ago
- A perfect tempo run topped off with a trip, a brutal fall, a skinned body and a lotta blood. Nice work, Feller. about 15 hours ago
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- July 29, 2014 by AliA WednesDAY In The Life
- July 8, 2014 by AliAdjustments
- June 23, 2014 by AliFairfield Half Marathon Recap
- June 17, 2014 by AliPerplexing Thoughts
- June 11, 2014 by AliWhy I'm So Glad I Gave The November Project A Second Shot
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
I Survived Thanksgiving 2010
Whew. What a whirlwind.
It’s 9:30 pm and I am safely back in my NYC apartment. I survived Thanksgiving 2010.
I’m definitely exhausted from the past few days spent in Lansdale, PA, with my extended family. At any given time there were at least 16 people roaming the house, in search of leftovers, a quiet space to nap or a free shower.
It was mayhem.
Kicking off the holiday weekend with the Gobble Wobble 5K was fantastic. We had a blast dressing up…
I’m also proud to say that I PR’d—since this was my first official 5K! Although the five of us had planned to stick together, something came over me and I took off as soon as the start whistle blew.
Sorry, family! My competitive spirit got the best of me and I wanted to race.
The course was incredibly hilly—my shins were super-sore the next day—but I ended up finishing in 24:35. That’s a 7:55 pace! I didn’t even know I had it in me, especially after a night sleeping on an air mattress. Oh, and did I mention I was wearing a ridiculous Indian costume? I’m not sure how I’ll top that.
After a food-filled Thanksgiving, and an equally binge-festy Black Friday—no shopping involved—I was looking forward to a lazy Saturday. And that’s just what today was.
I slept in yet again and slowly started my day. I went for a 3-mile run, showered, and then the afternoon was spent reunited with very distant friends and family members. My parents were thrilled to see so many of their extended relatives and former neighbors. I didn’t know many people, but there was food, so I was content.
In a wonderful act of convenience, my parents drove me all the way back to my apartment instead of dropping me at a train station in NJ as we had discussed.
I can’t believe there was no traffic.
Now here I am, watching Up in the Air for the millionth time and very slowly unpacking. I was excited to get to show my mom my apartment (my dad had to stay in the illegally parked car, just in case, hehe), which I think she approved of.
It’s been really great having so much time off, and I can honestly say I didn’t once think about work or get stressed about anything non-Thanksgiving related.
Though I am happy to be back in NYC and am looking forward to getting back into my routine. I’m definitely feeling the lingering effects of all the food I’ve consumed, and though I won’t let myself regret any of it (um, it was delicious), I am excited to start burning it all off.
Some fun family photos to wrap up the trip…
I’ve missed reading all the blogs I check so often. I’m looking forward to catching up on all of them tomorrow!
TELL ME: Sum up your holiday for me in two sentences! I want to know what you’ve all been up to.