Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- October 19, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 42: Professional Runner Neely Spence Gracey
- October 12, 2017 by AliReflections On 7 Years Of Blogging
- October 5, 2017 by AliA Crohn's Disease Update + What I Learned Being On A Patient Advisory Board
- September 28, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 41: Danielle Cemprola of The T-Rex Runner
- August 31, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 40: Dr. Leah Lagos, Clinical Sport & Performance Psychologist
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
The Day After
I am still in a food coma.
I’ll make this post quick, since the house is still packed with 16+ people. It’s busy, it’s noisy and there’s a lot of food going around.
Thanksgiving yesterday was everything it should be. The Gobble Wobble 5K was so much fun and I was psyched about running it at a 7:55 pace!
From there, it was back to the house to shower, get dressed and get everything ready for a massive dinner.
There was So. Much. Food.
Seriously, there wasn’t enough room on the table for all the dishes. None of it healthy, all of it wickedly delicious. The stuffing and gravy are my favorites, and the Death by Chocolate for dessert was to die for.
After a great night’s sleep, I got up this morning around 8:15. Felt so good to sleep in!
We were lazy all morning, then the “girl cousins” went out for pedicures. A day of food followed by a day of pampering? Don’t mind if I do!
Then it was back to the house where we had some Thanksgiving leftovers for dessert, cuddled up on the couch and, while everyone else watched “Eat, Pray, Love,” I took yet another nap. Hehe. Can’t get enough sleep!
Finally, around 4:30, I was feeling rather, eh, large… So I suited up and cruised around the neighborhood for a 3-mile run. Nothing big, but it sure did feel good to break a sweat.
Now we’re getting ready for yet another meal then we’re all going to a local bar where my parents, aunts and uncles are hoping to see some of their high school pals. Should be…interesting!
I hope everyone had a wonderful, delicious Thanksgiving!