Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- Long running = #podcast listening! If you want company on your run today, I will run "with you!" https://t.co/jNnDqbmcKj about 23 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Go through life with conviction, passion, integrity, and chocolate. 04:37:08 PM March 24, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Just a reminder to do what YOU want to do & not worry about the noise or what everyone else is doing. 04:36:02 PM March 24, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 23, 2017 by AliThursday Thoughts
- March 23, 2017 by AliEpisode 13: Chris Mosier, Transgender Athlete & Advocate
- March 21, 2017 by AliEpisode 12: Thoughts We Had During Our First Half Marathons
- March 16, 2017 by AliHow I Finally Got Over My Body Issues
- March 16, 2017 by AliEpisode 11: Candice Huffine, Model, Runner, and Founder of Project Start
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
The Day After
I am still in a food coma.
I’ll make this post quick, since the house is still packed with 16+ people. It’s busy, it’s noisy and there’s a lot of food going around.
Thanksgiving yesterday was everything it should be. The Gobble Wobble 5K was so much fun and I was psyched about running it at a 7:55 pace!
From there, it was back to the house to shower, get dressed and get everything ready for a massive dinner.
There was So. Much. Food.
Seriously, there wasn’t enough room on the table for all the dishes. None of it healthy, all of it wickedly delicious. The stuffing and gravy are my favorites, and the Death by Chocolate for dessert was to die for.
After a great night’s sleep, I got up this morning around 8:15. Felt so good to sleep in!
We were lazy all morning, then the “girl cousins” went out for pedicures. A day of food followed by a day of pampering? Don’t mind if I do!
Then it was back to the house where we had some Thanksgiving leftovers for dessert, cuddled up on the couch and, while everyone else watched “Eat, Pray, Love,” I took yet another nap. Hehe. Can’t get enough sleep!
Finally, around 4:30, I was feeling rather, eh, large… So I suited up and cruised around the neighborhood for a 3-mile run. Nothing big, but it sure did feel good to break a sweat.
Now we’re getting ready for yet another meal then we’re all going to a local bar where my parents, aunts and uncles are hoping to see some of their high school pals. Should be…interesting!
I hope everyone had a wonderful, delicious Thanksgiving!