- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- October 21, 2014 by Ali10 Reasons The Runner's World Half Marathon & Festival Was Wonderful (Plus A Giveaway!)
- October 15, 2014 by AliSteamtown Marathon Recap
- October 11, 2014 by AliOne More Day I Get To Run
- October 7, 2014 by AliRagnar Relay Adirondacks Recap
- September 23, 2014 by Ali71 & Done
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
A Few Thankful Thoughts
This blog has to be a quickie because I’m in the midst of a jam-packed evening. I still have to shower, clean and pack before dutifully settling in for the 2-hour (oy) season finale of “Dancing with the Stars.”
Full disclaimer: I’m not a fan of the show. I’m watching it and blogging it for my job.
So, let’s get right to the point.
Thanksgiving is just two days away. Yay!
I’m in the mood to give thanks, so here are five things I’m thankful for today:
- Having an incredibly productive workday. It’s a stressful time with deadlines constantly looming, but today I made some serious headway, including booking my trip to L.A. in January! We’re headed out there for some exciting photo shoots with some very familiar faces. More to come on that in the future.
- Eating a delicious tuna melt from Whole Foods for lunch. Dipped in carrot ginger soup, it was the thing comfort food dreams are made of.
- Spinning my little heart out after work. The teacher kept telling us to picture our Thanksgiving feast and use that as motivation. Turns out, all that did was make me want to walk out of class and drink a glass of gravy. But it was a really great class and it felt good to sweat out some holiday stress.
- Picking up pictures at Walgreens on my way home. I put out a bunch of picture frames when I moved into this apartment, but none of them were ABS/Ali photos—they were mostly “Ali and her college friends” photos. Now I’ve made some updates and printed out some of my favorite digital memories.
- Sweatpants. Putting on cozy sweats at the end of the day is the very best feeling in the world, don’t you think? Bonus points if they’re warm from the dryer!
OK, I have to confess, there is one thing that’s stressing me out right now…
My Turkey Trot costume hasn’t arrived yet! I ordered it last week and am having it shipped to my office. My fingers are crossed that it gets dropped off before I leave tomorrow. The costume is amazing and I really want to be able to wear it for the 5K on Thursday morning!
OK, off to clean/eat/pack/shower/blog/trynottogocrazy.
P.S. I did get to watch “Glee” tonight, and it was beyond brilliant. I sobbed. It was an awesomely well-done episode. Man that show is good.
TELL ME: How do you stay calm during the holidays? Got any advice, tips or tricks to share?